Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the progressive pure is for at the shoots coming up at Brittany?

100 – HANDICAP TARGETS
Targets & Trophies……………………. $ 26.00
Target Fees… (.01)…………………….$ 1.00
Lewis Class (60-40)….3 classes……….$ 10.00
3-50’s……..(60-40)…………...……..…$ 15.00

Progressive Purse……………...…..….$ 18.00
http://brittanyshooting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Back-to-Back-Registered-Shoot.pdf

·
Super Moderator
5,323 Posts
It's what is also known as a "perpetual" purse.

A "perpetual" purse is one that only pays for a 50 (49 and lower don't pay). They are "perpetual' in that only half of the money in the purse is paid out (ties divide) in any event that this option is offered.

Money remaining in the purse rolls over to the next event/shoot and money to enter the option is added to the money remaining.

This type of purse is usually seeded by a donation from a sponsor and the purse is restricted to particular traps, e.g., there could be $260 in the purse for shooting a 50 on traps 1&2, $210 for traps 2&3, and $472 for traps 3&4.

In perfect 50's there are six possible combinations of traps (1&2, 1&3, 1&4, 2&3, 2&4, and 3&4), not all of the combinations may be funded.

The amounts in each combination of traps is usually posted in the program, or at least, it's posted at the club.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wow... That is a great explanation. Just when I thought I understood options. I did learn this though.. Pay the money and shoot well = $$... don't shoot well = $0.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts