Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone sent anything to Briley lately? I sent a barrel to have choke tubes installed, they've had the barrel over 4 weeks now, I called about 10 days ago and was told my barrel was getting close. Hard to believe they are that busy, but I've never sent anything for work, but have purchased from them. Thanks

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I sent in a K-32 receiver to have a K-80 trigger blade installed, it took 3 months, got it back with parts missing, had to have Phillip repair it. I spoke with Briley and they credited my account the amount Phillip charged me.

First problem I've had with Briley.

Pat

·
Registered
94 Posts
They do great work. 2 1/2 to 3 months seems to be the normal turnaround time. Just got a set of barrels back and I’m happy with the results. Seems like every time I would call I would get the same answer; “they’re almost done“. I think to them almost done means call us back in 10 days. They seem to have great people very friendly to talk to. I think their workload is just overwhelming.

·
Registered
12,981 Posts
Hard to believe they are that busy, but I've never sent anything for work,
Briley has always taken a bit longer to do the work than promised for me. I've had them do 3 tube-sets for me over the years. I do not push them. I want them to do a good job for me. So I tell them to do a good job and not to worry about time. You get better results with Honey, than you do with Vinegar!!! It has worked well for me dealing with Briley over the years. I would not even think of having sub-gauge tubes done by Kolar!!! We have two shooters down here with Kolar sub-gauge tube sets. Both of these shooters need shell knockers to remove the empty Federal 4-pack 20 ga. hulls out of their skeet guns chambers after firing both barrels. One barrel, or the other always has a stuck hull. Same shooters have zero problems with their reloads. Its just that all of us are trying to same our components for loading the 2 smaller gauges. Since buying new shells for the 28 and 410 are stupid expensive. break em all jeff

·
Registered
339 Posts
Has anyone sent anything to Briley lately? I sent a barrel to have choke tubes installed, they've had the barrel over 4 weeks now, I called about 10 days ago and was told my barrel was getting close. Hard to believe they are that busy, but I've never sent anything for work, but have purchased from them. Thanks
I left a barrel with Mr. Williams at the Grand to have tubes installed, it was back to me in approx. three weeks. Great work!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just over three weeks for thin walls in a Krieghoff barrel last month. And they did a great job.

Reactions: N Bare

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to laugh, just a couple hours after I posted this Briley called and said they were shipping, will be slightly over a month door to door. Hope the work is as good as usual.

·
Registered
12,981 Posts
Glad to hear your shotgun is on its way home. I'm sure you'll be very happy with their work. I have always been happy in all my dealings with them.

We must remember all the shortages of material and manpower these days as well. Its hard to find qualified employee's to do this kind of work today. Just as its hard to get materials to do the work they do. break em all jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts