Trapshooters Forum banner

Briley tubes, what’s taking so long?

3756 Views 33 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  amp7810
I sent my K32 barrels to Briley to have their ultimate ultralite tubes made. They received them February 1st and told me they would be done in 5 weeks. I called at 5 weeks (which was a Monday) and was told they’d be done by the end of the week. I called again on Monday of the 6th weeks and was told only a few more days. I called that Friday and was told “they just need to be anodized, we will call you on Monday for payment and then ship them out”. Now it’s Monday of week 7 and I wait and wait and don’t recieve a call. Knowing the end of the day is rolling around, I call to see what’s going on. I’m then told they haven’t been anodized yet, and it will likely be Wednesday or Thursday before they’re done. I’m now quite upset with their customer service, why I can’t be given a solid date that they can meet is beyond me. Never the less, I have a .410 shoot this weekend that I will now need to either skip, or borrow a gun for. Has anybody else ever had an experience like this? Has this happened to anyone else?
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,104 Posts
I ordered custom tubes from Briley one year at the Grand. I was told they would be ready in 60 days. The 60 day time line came and went and still no tubes. I called and was told my order would be ready shortly. 45 days later my tubes finally arrived.

· Registered
3,358 Posts
I've said this on other threads, but don't get involved with having a rifle built. Most smith's are out 2 years and that's just for starters. The whole industry is having problems right now. I know that doesn't make you feel better but demand is outstripping supply. You're not alone.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand the industry is upside down. We’ve all been impacted. But that doesn’t justify this since that slow down has been going on for over a year. They told me 5 weeks in February, they should know if it’s going to be longer by now.

· Registered
13,524 Posts
I just got my latest tube-set back just a few days later than I was quoted. This was delay was on me!!! I changed the order to Ultimate tubes on the last day possible!!! They told me at the time it would add a week to 10 days to the order. They were right. They quoted me 2 months for the work. Part of this time frame was over the Christmas and the New Year's holiday as well.

Sorry to hear your tubes will not be ready, for your next shoot. But, quality work takes time.

Who was your salesman?

My salesman was spot on!!! break em all jeff

· Registered
705 Posts
I experienced delays with Briley last thing I ordered we finally got it right after 3 trys. Yes I've experienced delays with riflesmiths as well on builds . I will say for years I deal with Clay Spencer . Not only did Clay do excellent work he was always on time . He would tell his customers 18 months and generally he would have the builds completed at around 11 months . He laughed and said he figured around 12 months but saying 18 months everyone was happy when he finished up early .I choose to use people a little more in tune with the people that use them . When I was dealing the company in discussion it was at least 10 years ago they seemed to be promising a date and not fulfilling .
JW

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You do realize what happened in Texas in February with the storm? They were shut down do to no power along with everything else in the area. Somethings are out of their control
Yes I’m aware. But according to their Facebook, they were closed 4 days. Still doesn’t make sense why I keep being given dates that have all been wrong.

· Registered
13,524 Posts
Didn’t know it mattered.
Just like in anything. The knowledge of the salesman makes a difference. I have used Gary Singer twice before. I had zero problems with him. The last time I used the same salesman that PSA's told me to use. Steve Powers worked out very well for me. I did have to leave him a message every time I called. But, he did return every call within 24 hours. He really worked hard for me. As I changed things twice in mid-stream as it were!!! I never pushed him for time. I wanted a good job. I give him 2 thumbs up for sure!!! break em all jeff

· Registered
963 Posts
Whenever I bought Briley tubes in the past, I dealt directly with Robert Paxton, he is cheaper and Briley got them back to me super fast, even thin wall choke installs, I know what you mean, when someone gives you a date several times and doesn’t deliver. Good luck.

· Banned
684 Posts
I sent my K32 barrels to Briley to have their ultimate ultralite tubes made. They received them February 1st and told me they would be done in 5 weeks. I called at 5 weeks (which was a Monday) and was told they’d be done by the end of the week. I called again on Monday of the 6th weeks and was told only a few more days. I called that Friday and was told “they just need to be anodized, we will call you on Monday for payment and then ship them out”. Now it’s Monday of week 7 and I wait and wait and don’t recieve a call. Knowing the end of the day is rolling around, I call to see what’s going on. I’m then told they haven’t been anodized yet, and it will likely be Wednesday or Thursday before they’re done. I’m now quite upset with their customer service, why I can’t be given a solid date that they can meet is beyond me. Never the less, I have a .410 shoot this weekend that I will now need to either skip, or borrow a gun for. Has anybody else ever had an experience like this? Has this happened to anyone else?
What .410 did you use prior to sending your K gun in for tubes ? By your post you sound like it’s not your first .410 match?
Anything custom built has it’s peaks and valleys and patience will enhance the process I have contracted tube sets with both Briley and Kolar and have experienced delays with both companies but the end results were worth the wait.
Briley ,like every one else has had issues with COVID and the weather and they usually combine other orders to be anodized to be cost effective.
Their work loads are very intense and things happen sometimes beyond their control.
Best of luck on your project the wait will be worth it !!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.