Trapshooters Forum banner

Briley titanium choke

1675 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  superxjeff
I have a Briley titanium on my Beretta Gold 682. The choke has NO grooves for tightening but just a universal tightener that fits with friction. It never fits as tight as other chokes with grooved tighteners. No matter how much I try to tighten it, it always comes loose after one round or so. Anyone have a similar problem and/or solution?
I have a Briley titanium on my Beretta Gold 682. The choke has NO grooves for tightening but just a universal tightener that fits with friction. It never fits as tight as other chokes with grooved tighteners. No matter how much I try to tighten it, it always comes loose after one round or so. Anyone have a similar problem and/or solution?
See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
I've had it happen too it's because the barrel swels just slightly and the titanium doesent then the recoil makes it unscrew briley told me to use a heavy grease to take up the space it has worked so far

· Registered
970 Posts
When I had some titanium chokes, this wrench was perfect for getting the chokes tight enough to not shoot loose. You just insert the wrench and tighten the knob. Then crank in the choke until tight. The "friction-clutch" design will let the wrench slip a bit when the choke is tight enough which prevents over-tightening. ....Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.