Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need Briley thin wall 1 5/8” long in lt. Mod, modified, and full choke. The one I have is flush mounted, extended would be fine also.
PM or post if you these to sell and the price.
Thanks, Biff

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OP: You must designate what series of Thinwall choke tubes you are searching for (marked on tube) to make your request valid.
OP: You must designate what series of Thinwall choke tubes you are searching for (marked on tube) to make your request valid.
I don't know what series they are. I traded for a shotgun and it came with one tube. It is 12 guage, has threads back toward the chamber, and is 1 5/8" long in total length. The person I traded for the gun from said it was possibly a Briley other than a faint marking of IM on the tube, there is no other marking.
I don't mean to sound stupid, but that is all the information I have about the tube, maybe if I posted a picture of it maybe someone could identify it correctly? This is a picture of the only marking on the choke tube.
Thanks, Biff

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Provide a photo of the choke that is in focus and have someone measure the threads per inch and the OD of the threads and look to see if the barrel has any choke markings which would indicate it is an after market choke. Then contact Mike Oren at: [email protected] net - 413 256-1630.
It does not look like a thinwall choke and is for sure not a Briley. Briley thinwalls have special square threads and your choke appears to have normal "V" threads.

CT

·
Registered
137 Posts
I need Briley thin wall 1 5/8” long in lt. Mod, modified, and full choke. The one I have is flush mounted, extended would be fine also.
PM or post if you these to sell and the price.
Thanks, Biff
I have a ( LF & IM )never used s-2 vx spectrum extended, $70.for both.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I would reach out to Briley. I believe Briley made that choke special for Moneymaker big bore barrels. I had one of those barrels and it took forever to screw in and screw out the tubes. It was many many years ago but that picture brought back memories. Also, very important to know the bore diameter as they made those barrels all the way to .800 bore. Good luck and good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carlson had tubes to fit it, so I bought a couple and they fit and shot a good pattern. Thanks for all that reached out to help me.
Maybe this thread will help some one else!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nobu,
Assuming you’re on a temporary ban, I’ll buy your S-2 VX chokes if no one else hits on them. PM me once you’re reinstated.

SF
Buzz
You are correct, I was banned because I inserted personal information in a listing. I still have the choke(s) if you are still interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts