Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy some tubes for my 12 ga. just 20 and 28 to shoot skeet and trap for fun and might get into sub gauge events. Trying to decide between the SKs or the full length tubes. Is there a lot of difference in patterning between the two? Should I run tighter chokes with them? Thanks for the help

· Registered
13,497 Posts
The side kicks are great for having fun. They add half as much weight to your shotguns barrels. As long as your not shooting targets at great distances with the 28 ga. I expect you'll be fine.
The companion tubes will add like 12 oz.'s of weight to your shotguns barrels. It is enough to really notice the difference. Once you get used to it. You may not want to shoot the 12 ga. without the added weight??? Full length tubes are for the most serious of shooters. I would contact Briley and a ask them about the choke question. I am sure they have done lots more testing than the folks on this website.

· Registered
4,964 Posts
I have companion tubes in both 20 and 28 gauge. I also have a set of 20 gauge Side Kicks. I shoot mostly 3/4 ounce loads in 20 gauge and can't tell a difference in my breaks between the tubes and sidekicks on skeet. Never tried any of them on trap so can't say on that. On the pattern board they look about the same but I am no expert. You can buy your sidekicks or tubes thru ebay Briley vendors cheaper. I saved $50 on my sidekicks. Just an FYI.. Colonel

· Registered
191 Posts
Companions will be much easier to clean, and will keep the gun much cleaner. I found the Sidekicks to be ok for shooting but they left a lot of residue in the barrels, and, more importantly, the action.
The new Side-Kicks 2.0 are longer than the originals and are made closer to the gun's bore diameter to cut down on the blow-back into the receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.