Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
From what I have heard, and found out, they are about the same. No real big differences at all, other than the fact that Briley has the better dealer warranty.Oh Yeh, they give out more free chokes at the time you buy and sell the chokes cheaper if you buy any at a later date. That's why I bought mine from Briley. Break-em all Jeff.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have had them all ,kolar ,briley,parbaugh ,shorties and others,Briley hands down,much more options and models and outstanding warranty, Dan Witcher

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
I have distributed both brands. Briley has a longer turnaround, but I think is the better deal. Go ahead and spring for the Ultimate Ultralites. The straight rifling makes the little guns roar, makes the 20 your main Skeet gun.

One can boil ATA Dubs with the 20ga tubes using IMOD/FULL chokes with regular 7 1/2 target loads.

BTW, I had some of the first Purbaugh tubesets made. Tubes have come a long way since then.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only experience I have is with Briley and it has been great for the 3 years that I have had them.

You might want to talk to Billy about them if you see him.

See you at the Feb 22 shoot at Koch.

John

·
Vendor
1,654 Posts
I have had both and my Briley Ultimate Ultra-lites are significantly better smoke epecially with the 410- I also seem to hit more withthe Briley's.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Having had both over the years and I have had both screw up on NEW sets in NEW guns..........If you ever have to deal with John Ramagali, Rags, spelling could be wrong on his name, the man in charge of tube sets at Kolar, you will never want anything but Briley for the rest of your life.

Please know you have been warned from someone who has been down the road.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have had both and did not find any difference between the two The comments about John at Kolar are in my opinion well founded. He likes to be involved and I just won't talk to him. Others may find his hands on approach refreshing. I will only speak to Jeff Mainland or Mark. I do have to say this, If you have a 680 series Beretta have Kolar do the trigger conversion. These are just my opinions.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for taking the time to give me your input. And John, I am looking forward to seeing you on the 22nd of Feb for the shoot. I hope that the weather is better than it was at last weeks shoot at Koch. Everyone take care and break 'em all!
Neil

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have shot both for years, lots, I can honestly say they are both great products. there is not a wrong answer.
If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to call.
Kurt

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Kolar...no doubt about that.

When I bought mine, Briley couldn't have given two hoots in hell about talking to me. I called Kolar and ended up having Rags call me back at about 7pm his time and talking to me for 30 minutes.

Great folks, great service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.