Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to buy a couple more choke tubes for my 1100. Is the spectrum choke from briley worth the exta money over the extended sporting clays choke?

Thanks,
Forrest

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ok, This is probably a stupid question but here goes...

When you mic your bore, do you have to do it down below the choke threads or just at the end of the barrel? My mic can't reach down below the threads on my barrel. If you have to get below the threads, is there a tool to do this that doesn't cost the equivalent of a San Diego house payment?

F242

·
Registered
572 Posts
front242,

I think when they tell you to measure the bore, they're talking about the end of the barrel you put the shells in at (chamber)! If you wanted to know the constriction of a choke, the choke tube would have to be in the barrel and you would subtract the diameter of the bore (minus) the diameter of the chamber. Hopefully I'm not steering you wrong here, if I am, someone will chime in to tell me I'm a moron... :p

·
Registered
169 Posts
Justin,

If you stop and think about what you said, You'd see it was wrong. If there were different chamber sizes, how could you standardize ammo? In your scenario, over bored guns would have chambers that the shell rattles around in.

I'll stop short on the moron business...

:)

F242

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.