Trapshooters Forum banner

Briley Companion Tubes!

1546 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  nick harwood
Good Afternoon Everyone!
I am interested in purchasing briley companion tubes for my K-80. I am interested in making my gun more versatile, does anyone know if you need removable chokes in the original 12g barrel in order to use these tubes?
Thank You in advance!!!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
863 Posts
I did not need them but Briley could tell you for sure. Tubes usually index on the interior of the barrel around the bosses so choke constriction is not an issue. The Companions are purposely made loose to fit any barrel. Just be sure you have a roll of electrical tape unless you like the sound of rattling tubes.

· Registered
13,542 Posts
Talk to the good folks at Briley. I have used Gary Singer, and Steve Powers there. They will answer all your questions. Give you prices and time frame to get your tubes, due to how busy they are at the moment. Good Luck to Ya. You'll love the tube-sets. You may not want to shoot the 12 ga. again. LOL. Of course, if you get a sub-gauge tubed carrier barrel? Your shotgun will have the same weight, and swing characteristics with both barrels (sub-gauge tube carrier barrel, and the standard 12 ga. barrel) and all 4 gauges!!! Otherwise you're current shotgun will gain 12 oz's out at the barrels when the tubes are installed. This will cause the shotgun to swing differently. You'll get used to used to the difference just fine. But if you go back and forth with 12 ga. (lighter) and then the sub-gauge tubes (heavier) all the time. Their will be noticeable difference between the gauges. Its something to give serious consideration before you buy anything!!!
I am interested in purchasing briley companion tubes for my K-80.
break em all jeff

· Registered
325 Posts
Companions will fit tightest using either factory in-built choke or screw-in of full choke constriction matching the gun they are ordered for. I ordered one of the 28 guage single style companions for my 34” unsingle- outside muzzle diameter of sub-guage tube closely matches the beretta optima full choke tubes inner diameter

· Registered
627 Posts
I have the standard weight companion tubes in a K-80 TS. No rattling, and they fit pretty snug. They give You a mallet for a reason. They also make a lighter weight tube in the companion series also. I was advised to get the standard weight. Fitted tubes are a whole nother discussion. First thing the folks at Briley is going to ask, is what the bore on Your shotgun measures? Might be worth chasing a bore gauge down, but Their website says that the companion tubes will fit just about anything except a couple oddballs, like the Benelli OU. Hope this helps

· Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Interesting replies. I bought a set of standard companion tubes for my Browning 525. The only way they would fit was with cylinder chokes. Any tighter constriction and they wouldn’t go in. Matter of fact I tried them with some skeet chokes, and got them hung up so bad it took a fair amount to get them back out again. No way did they rattle in those barrels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.