Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Briley tube question. Can you shoot the tubes if they stick out 1.5 inches. Ideally I would like a set of 28" tubes but living in Canada not an easy option and trying to use the tubes I have instead of buying a new set. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes... I had a shooter ask briley to make him a 30" set of companion tubes in 20 gauge for his citori 26" barrel. Briley told him to just order 30" companion tubes for his citori. The 28 gauge and 410 are strong enough to be used in most any o/u or s/s. I have used 28" in 26" barrels, and I have shot 26" in 28" barrels. Briley told me if the 28 and 410 would fit in the chamber area shooting them would be fine.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
As long as the tube will pass through your 12ga chokes at the muzzle end of your barrel, they'll work fine. Just be real careful of bumping them against anything, and I wouldn't rest the muzzle/tubes on anything, otherwise you might mess up the front of the tubes and the threading that's there for the thin chokes.

One other concern, the tubes have thicker parts that center the tube in the barrel. If your tubes are so long that you don't have a thicker section supporting near the muzzle, your accuracy might suffer drastically.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I believe Briley can cut them down...don't know what they charge but it may be worth calling them. You really run the risk of the tubes not "seating" properly and rattling around as well as a good possibility of damaging one or both tubes by accidentally hitting something with them sticking out that much.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I believe Briley can cut them down...don't know what they charge but it may be worth calling them. You really run the risk of the tubes not "seating" properly and rattling around as well as a good possibility of damaging one or both tubes by accidentally hitting something with them sticking out that much.
I doubt they'd cut them down (you lose the ability to change chokes if you cut them), but they will replace the tube sections with different length ones. IIRC, it was somewhere around $200-300 per gauge. Similarly, they will convert Sidekicks to Companions by swapping out the tubes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I doubt they'd cut them down (you lose the ability to change chokes if you cut them), but they will replace the tube sections with different length ones. IIRC, it was somewhere around $200-300 per gauge. Similarly, they will convert Sidekicks to Companions by swapping out the tubes.
Yes, I guess what I meant was that they can remove the "chamber" piece from the tube itself...and either possibly cut some off this end of the tube itself and re-attach, or as you say, re-fit a shorter tube. I didn't mean they would cut off the choke end...assumed most knew that the chamber end was removable...and you are correct on the sidekicks being upgraded to full length tubes...they remove your existing "chamber" end from the sidekick tube and attach a new piece of tube to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts