Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 29.5" 28 gauge companion tubes. Sold my Browning 725 but the buyer did not want the tubes. I have two BC Miroku O/U 12 gauges but the barrels are 28". The tubes will not fit. Does the shotgun barrels need to be backbored? Have a fellow interested to put them into a 1949 Browning Superposed but not sure if they would fit. He has a set of side kicks that might fit my Miroku? Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
Companions are supposed to be universal. They kinda are...
How tight were they in your 725 ?
If they were, then he may really whack 'em to fit in his barrels.
He can file/sand/grind them to fit his...

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
I have two BC Miroku O/U 12 gauges but the barrels are 28". The tubes will not fit.
Those two guns, are they fixed chokes ??? That is probably why they don't fit.
Do your tubes drop in far enough that they are being caught at the chokes of those Miroku barrels?

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
I have a set of 29.5" 28 gauge companion tubes. Sold my Browning 725 but the buyer did not want the tubes. I have two BC Miroku O/U 12 gauges but the barrels are 28". The tubes will not fit. Does the shotgun barrels need to be backbored? Have a fellow interested to put them into a 1949 Browning Superposed but not sure if they would fit. He has a set of side kicks that might fit my Miroku? Anyone have any insight?[/QUOTE

I might be able to help you out.

Jim R

·
Registered
226 Posts
Probably will not work the 725 bore is approx. .740 the other guns mentioned are approx 10 to 15 thousand smaller.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
A couple things to check:

1. How are the Miroku and Superposed choked? If you have fixed chokes and the chokes are too tight, the tubes won't fit. To test if that's the problem, try inserting the front of the tube into the muzzle of your Miroku or his Superposed. If it passes through, that's not the problem and move to the next step.

2. There will be either a little red nylon tab in a dovetail on the side or a round white nylon button that regulate the fit of the chamber to the barrel. Depending on the barrel, you might have to file the tab/button down a little. This takes a file and a little patience and care. They should fit the barrel tightly, and require a few good whacks with a nylon hammer. If they're too loose, the tubes might get pushed out by the gun's ejectors.

Keep in mind, some guns (primarily Brownings) have longer throw ejectors compared to just about every other brand (I think Mirokus also have long throw ejectors, since they're basically Citoris), so they require different ejectors on the the subgauge tubes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts