Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two sets of briley ultralite companion tubes,both have skeet chokes---these are 28 gauge and 410 bore,for 12 gauge--28" or longer barrels. they retail at briley for $649-- mine are like new, I will sell one for $ 400 are both for $775. I'll pay shipping in the lower 48.I have used them in invector plus barrels--briley states the 410 and 28 are universal fit. John Ellis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey John I am looking for some .410 tubes and was wondering the condition of yours and what chokes you have for the .410's. I have 30" barrels looked on Briley to see if shorter tubes would work with no luck. You sure that wouldn't be a problem?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cclark--the briley salesperson that I talk too said 28" work fine in 30" barrel. I have a friend that shoots 28" in a 32"--but he put a ring of plumbers tape on the end--the chambers on companion tubes have a small plastic button--on the opposite side from the ejectors--once the chamber is fitted--the tubes {410&28}are strong enough to stand on their own. another old guy shoots 30" from a 26" barrel--looks funny-works great-- thanks for your interest--PLEASE--call BRILEY--set your mine at ease-JOHN

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Darn John...I been waiting what seems like forever to find what you have in 20ga. Want a set of used fitted 28" tubes for a Invector + .....the Companions are made in 27.5" so they can be used in different guns

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DOC--The tubes I have listed are ultralite companion tubes. I have a set of 20 gauge standard companion tubes--made for 28" browning invector + barrels. you are correct that briley makes these at 27.5"--I dont no why,but buying a used set of fitted tubes,that were fitted to another browning invector + IS NOT a good idea.Briley will strongly recommend against it--the companion tubes were designed so you could buy,and not have to shipped your gun to them for several weeks/months. If you are interested in my 20 gauge companion tubes,with two skeet chokes.send me a message. thanks John Ellis

·
Registered
69 Posts
C-Clark: I regularly use a set of .410 companions originally bought for a 28 inch Citori Inv+ barrel in my 30 inch Beretta Optima barrel with no problems. There is one watchout for this combination: the Inv+ barrels extract farther than the Beretta so one must be sure when closing the Beretta the tube extractor is not sticking up far enough to catch (and bend/break off).

--Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.