Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me info on these tube sets? Good or bad. Do they use o rings? These are the premade ones not the fitted ones. Thanks Tom

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Go to Briley's Web site (shortcut above) and read what they have to say first.

None have o-rings but do have nylon buttons on the chamber end to keep the tubes tight.

For me, even the ultralites are too heavy. I went with the Rhino Stingers.

The Companion tubes are meant to go into a barrel with skeet chokes.
They are made specific for shotgun brands, i.e. bore diameter specific.

They are well made and include choke tubes.

I know many people that have them and enjoy them. They just did not work for me.

Best regards, Bob

·
Premium Member
10,397 Posts
Companions work- and you can have shorter tubes - so choke doesnt matter

ie 28 inch in a 32 inch barrel- so if you have a fixed choke full gun it will still work-

Briley says you can have tubes up to 6 inches shorter than the barrel and the shot charge will not hit the existing barrel choke.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
For what it's worth I have 2 sets of companions. I have a 12ga to 20ga. set & a 12 ga. to 28 ga. set. I do like both of them alot. These tubes I have are for 30 in. barrels & have choke tubes in them. I also have a set of 12 ga. to 20 ga. chambermates. No comparison, I guess the you get what you pay for adage is true in this case. The chambermates use a rubber o ring that is always breaking, the companions fit as Smithy47 mentioned. On my 20 ga. set I do have to use skeet chokes to fit them in, however, my 28 ga set fits fine in all but one of my full choke guns??? Hope this helps some. Colonel

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been on their web site and it does not say much about anything. Thats why I am asking. Their web site is useless except for prices and they are high. I can buy the same tubes made by Briley sold by MPC Sports for $150 less than Briley has them listed for on their site. Whats up with that?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey,

I have had the same set of tubes in 3 differeant Citoris. They rattle some but get the job done. They are Kohlers.

I have Brileys also, and switch them around in any gun they will fit into.

Take care,

Jim

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Briley also makes side kick tubes that are just like Rhino stingers or chamber mates. Except they don't have the O-rings. they have nylon buttons just like the companion tubes.

I have a set in 12 to 28 and they work very well at least for me I have shot some good scores with them.

"I can buy the same tubes made by Briley sold by MPC Sports for $150 less than Briley has them listed for on their site. Whats up with that?"

Must be like Dillion Reloading machines. If I buy from Dillion it is one price. If I buy from Graf & Sons it is less and there is no shipping charge. So whats up with that??????

Bob Lawless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.