Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
On the farm
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a set of choke tubes for a Rem 1100 410. I’ve got Briley in other guns, but not in Rem or in 410.
Able Ammo has them for $40 in extended bright and $45 in extended black (plus shipping).

I’ll be shooting mostly Win Target AA 2-1/2" 1/2 oz #9.

Is Briley best for 410? Should I just get the bright? I’ve read that the black oxide wears off.

Is that a decent price?

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
You can't go wrong with Briley chokes in any shotgun made.

The price seems in-line.

I've had very good dealings with Able-Ammo in the past. I would recommend them highly. They used to charge like 4-5 bucks for shipping in the past. This was mostly for the cost of packaging, IMO. I don't think they offer this anymore. I bought many chokes from them in the past at different times and was only charged like 4 or 5 for shipping when Gamaliel wanted far more. You can check out Gamaliel.com to compare pricing with shipping to find out if your price is good. I'd also look a Briley's website and see what chokes they have, and pricing as well. You may want the newest chokes they have to offer? Chokes are a excellent way to enhance the look of your shotgun. It can't hurt to look at 3 different places. Good Luck and break em all Jeff

·
On the farm
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't go wrong with Briley chokes in any shotgun made. It can't hurt to look at 3 different places. Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I can find Briley pretty easy, but the 410s are not as widely available. Just wanted confirmation that Able wasn't some fly-by-night site, since I've never ordered from them. Sounds like I'm good to go.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Just wanted confirmation that Able wasn't some fly-by-night site, since I've never ordered from them.
No Way!!! Able Ammo is widely known in the Skeet and Sporting Clay World! They contribute to several different Sporting Clay events every year. They used to be into Skeet as well (not sure about today). I got a 525 from them a dozen years ago. They still have good pricing on Browning Shotguns today as well. Good Luck to Ya shooting that baby bore! break em all Jeff

·
On the farm
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. In 410 they're only in bright extended and black extended - no spectrums. I may just get a set of black. Thanks again for your advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts