Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this discussion happened in here somewhere before....did we ever get a reason that Briley says this is for O/U only? And why it couldn't be used on an autoloader barrel?

brileybarrelweights.png

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Just by lookin' at those pictures I see no reason it wouldn't work on a semi.
I was just talking to a guy a few days ago that has one of them. He says it works its way forward and marks up his barrel...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
It should work, but most would probably wonder "why" on a semi auto? IIRC, Briley designed that weight specifically to weigh what about the same as their subgauge tubes, so that someone shooting 12ga would have a gun that swings the same for all four gauges. That's not a factor on semi-autos. Briley does sell weight systems that work on the magazine tube caps for some semi-autos.

·
Registered
13,897 Posts
I've seen them used on autos before, but they look kinda terrible and could be a visual distraction.

If you need more than an endcap can provide lead tape would be a better way to add/distribute the weight.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you need more than an endcap .........
I've only seen end cap weights up to 180 grams. Do you know who might have made the one on Mike Schmidt's gun, it's huge? Probably a custom job? I'll be wanting to add about 3 lbs to the gun, over all, distributed fore and aft.

·
Registered
13,897 Posts
I've only seen end cap weights up to 180 grams. Do you know who might have made the one on Mike Schmidt's gun, it's huge? Probably a custom job? I'll be wanting to add about 3 lbs to the gun, over all, distributed fore and aft.
Dan Suggs, but I dunno if he's still in business.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I have one on my 687 unsingle I put it on upside down as it fits between the rib and the barrel I had to swap out the liner with something a bit more tacky. No slipping in 3 years

1 - 14 of 14 Posts