Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just announced today. Looks like its an adapter that screws into the gun like a normal choke then you can use these quick change chokes.

Video link:

upload_2020-1-21_8-25-31.png

upload_2020-1-21_8-24-39.png

·
Registered
775 Posts
5 chokes with two adapters on sale for $469.95 for Browning on Briley’s website. Didn’t see the system available for Krieghoff yet. I bet it will be very popular for the sporting clays crowd.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
This is basically the exact same thing they use for paintball barrels the last 8 to 10 years. Except the paintball versions don't require a special adapter.

·
Registered
14,144 Posts
I like new stuff as much as the next guy, but does anyone really NEED to be able to change chokes that quickly?

Yes, it's quicker than the fumbly finger and stamped piece-o-crap choke wrench they use on a flush choke in the demo video (pretty much a worse case scenario, not even close to a fair comparison), but even then, who has ever come unglued because it took them too long to change chokes? With a speed wrench (which Briley also sells) and/or extended chokes I don't see this system being that much quicker.

Hell, most of the top SC shooters either rarely or never change their chokes anyways (and many shoot fixed choke guns).

I also wonder how you're meant to keep the adapter from coming out with the choke.

Where this could be a game changer is if the design could be incorporated INTO a barrel design, removing the adapter from the equation. Then they'd be able to get away from using the stubby chokes the adapter system requires.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I’m wondering about weight, I went to titanium chokes in a 32 in. Browning to try to make the gun less barrel heavy. With this system, which I’m sure will work and pattern just fine , you have the adapter and then the choke so I’m wondering .

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I’m wondering about weight, I went to titanium chokes in a 32 in. Browning to try to make the gun less barrel heavy. With this system, which I’m sure will work and pattern just fine , you have the adapter and then the choke so I’m wondering .
? I mean whatever floats your boat but your talking about ~1 ounce of weight depending on what choke you had and the titanium versions.

·
Registered
681 Posts
? I mean whatever floats your boat but your talking about ~1 ounce of weight depending on what choke you had and the titanium versions.
One ounce each and I can tell the difference especially in the longer barrel guns . I was surprised and at how much I could move the balance point of the gun with just a choke change but whatever you like.

·
Registered
22,897 Posts
Just announced today. Looks like its an adapter that screws into the gun like a normal choke then you can use these quick change chokes.

Video link:

View attachment 1644603
View attachment 1644601
Oh boy, oh boy. Now you can shoot doubles with a single bbl shooter. No more having too open a choke for that second shot. Flick of the wrist and SHAZZAM ready for #2.

Reactions: hbar314

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh boy, oh boy. Now you can shoot doubles with a single bbl shooter. No more having too open a choke for that second shot. Flick of the wrist and SHAZZAM ready for #2.
Yup, all those TM1 and BT99 shooters out there that don't have a doubles gun now can change chokes quickly for doubles shooting.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts