Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used Break Free CLP? if so can I get the good the bad and the ugly about it. Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
10,244 Posts
There's nothing bad about it. It's the greatest oil ever made and I use it in all of my autos. It suspends particals and doesn't gunk up your gun like a lot of other products do.

I use it for everything.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Used in the Military on everything from M-4 carbines to Howitzers. Awfully close to a "do it all" lube/cleaner. Really tough copper fouling in a barrel is served better by a dedicated cleaning solvent. And on some weapons, the M-14 platform immediately comes to mind...grease is THE lubricant of choice.

But......I've used CLP on lots of M-14's/M1A's with zero problems.

Great stuff.........I recently got 4 or 5 gallons of it from a Natl Guard buddy as it was out of date.

FN in MT

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have used Break Free CLP for many years now with absolutely no problems.

While I don't clean the bore with it, I use it otherwise, particularly on my hand guns.

Great stuff.

Allen

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Simplicity You gotta love that! A couple of guys say don't clean the bore with it, doesn't seem like anyone has had issues with that though it would be nice to spray it, run a snake through it and be done. Thanks everyone a wealth of info on this site it's great

Jim

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I sell it, and endorse it. Will ship any amount you want. Please contact me for Break Free.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
Phone: 270-804-5454

·
Registered
544 Posts
Break Free. What's not to love. I've used it for decades.

I wipe down any thing that will rust with it. Once I left a pair of channel locks in the yard (or my Lab drug them off from a project) for several days in the dew, etc. When I finally found them they were rust free. I wouldn't do this test on my Ljutic, but it convinced me the Corps was right when they went to the Break Free over the oil we used back in the '60's.

I don't use it for a lead, plastic or copper solvent, but what a great lubricant and preservative.

HBT

·
Registered
48 Posts
Started using it in Viet Nam and have been using it exclusively in every gun I have owned since. Below is some history of the product from the company.

BREAK FREE

Products for the 21st century and beyond.

CLP meets U.S. military performance specifications!

When the United States Military issued PD-48, a purchase description of properties for a single, multi-purpose product to maintain their weaponry, it became known as the "impossible specification" because of its severe requirements. The first product to meet the challenge - Break-Free CLP.

Break-Free's flagship product, CLP is a unique formulation of synthetic oils and individual proprietary ingredients which synergize in combination to do three important tasks simultaneously: Effectively Clean, Lubricate and Protect metal. After years of rigorous testing, CLP actually exceeded the Military's requirements and was approved as a product to meet MIL-L-63460, a new specification. Break-Free CLP is now recognized around the world as the standard by which maximum metal performance and protection is ensured.

Penetrates and spreads along metal surfaces into every pit and crevice to undercut contamination and lift residue away where it can be removed.
Long-lasting lubricating film dramatically reduces adhesion of sand, grit or other abrasives which cause wear and failure.
Corrosion inhibitors prevent the formation of rust while Break-Free's unique boundary film protects metal surfaces from moisture and other contaminants.
Specially formulated synthetic oils won't lose viscosity, dry out or stiffen up in extreme environments - such as cold, heat, dust, dirt, humidity and even salt air - keeping equipment in ready condition for months at a time.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I use it sometimes on my 11-87's depending on the load and how many shots have been fired through the gun. I will clean the gun and spray some on the magazine tube and shoot it wet if it is a lighter than recommended load. Using a standard 1200fps of 1 1/8 ounce in 12 or 7/8 ounce in 20 I clean the magazine tube with a little Remoil and whipe off and shoot dry. If after a hundred rounds or so I get a shell that doesn't fully cycle the gun I spray on some Breakfree and go on. I am reluctant to clean the gun and use Breakfree wet with standard loads from the beginning because I think it slams back the action harder than necessary. This stuff is a very good lubricant. It works better in a dirty action than Remoil.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.