Trapshooters Forum banner

Brailey token boxes cost of Token

1462 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Steve12
What does a club pay for example 100-1000 tokens ?
Since there a lot of tokens never used what would be a guesstimate on how your club buys in bulk. The used tokens are a profit based on their use .Am I correct?
Steve.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13,524 Posts
I expect it would depend on a number of factors. How many members at your club?

How many games would the tokens be used for? Like just for the Trap fields? Or for all the fields and all 3 games? How you charge for the tokens should be addressed as well. Lots of places by me charge less if you buy 10 rounds at a time?

So if you have 100 members, I would figure twice this 10 number to start with. Say 2,000 to start with, Obviously you would need more tokens if your membership is larger? I have also seen clubs sell shooting cards 25 targets at a time. Clubs that do this offer price breaks, by buying more rounds. I doubt you want to sell your tokens 25 at a time though. Good Luck. I'm sure others can add to my thoughts. break em all jeff

· Registered
312 Posts
My home club is a membership club of about 150 members, the majority of whom are rifle/pistol shooters. Members have the gate code to use the facilities at their convenience. We have used a token box on the trap field for several years. It is very convenient for members and controls target cost effectively. We have several hundred tokens in circulation. We do have members that will buy 20 at a time to use when they wish. I have 4 or 5 in my shooting bag now.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The club has token boxes on both trap and Skeet ranges. I brought in 60 of my Tokens for an NRA woman's shoot day. The club only had 12 in the office and said the boxes only had a few. They needed 90. It was a last minute panic as I found out about this the day beforehand. It all worked out. The club had ordered 300 that should be in soon. I usually have over a hundred in my stash.
We only have token boxes on 3 trap fields and all the skeet have a box. 9 Total trap. I think 10- 12 skeet. The clay fields get a card.
1 token 27 shots. I think I paid $7 a round.
Those women 9 would be great to start a woman league.

· Registered
15,230 Posts
If your club is not ACTUALLY tracking targets thrown off the machine vs targets being paid for, and using that as a basis for the statement that "their shooters are honest", you have no idea. One club around here was getting paid for LESS than half of the targets being thrown before putting in prepaid cards and briley boxes.

· Premium Member
73 Posts
We purchased 2000 tokens for the WSRC. Cost was $0.50 each token. I recently counted and found we had about 300 outstanding tokens. We empty boxes once a week, and their usually pretty full. Our schools purchase in bulk for a few weeks at a time, plus some of the regulars buy in bulk as well. Great investment for us. I’ve seen a considerable reduction in target usage which is a shame to think that we were getting ripped off/waste that much. We do 29 targets for the first coin and 27 for each after that. We had a few complaints in the beginning but after everyone got used to it, it’s been great.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We purchased 2000 tokens for the WSRC. Cost was $0.50 each token. I recently counted and found we had about 300 outstanding tokens. We empty boxes once a week, and their usually pretty full. Our schools purchase in bulk for a few weeks at a time, plus some of the regulars buy in bulk as well. Great investment for us. I’ve seen a considerable reduction in target usage which is a shame to think that we were getting ripped off/waste that much. We do 29 targets for the first coin and 27 for each after that. We had a few complaints in the beginning but after everyone got used to it, it’s been great.
Great answer. I had a link to Brailey that had the cost of tokens but I can't get it up again.
Not certain what I did wrong.
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.