Trapshooters Forum banner

BP is showing Cheddite primers in stock

5472 Views 36 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  JoeShoot99
Ballistic Products is showing Cheddite primers in stock. Not cheap with a $37 hazmat and a 5000 limit, but if you're out........?

Reactions: Woodymac and W Wolf
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
I didnt order any but I'm wondering how the orders will play out. Seems kind of odd to me that they have been in stock ALL day considering the 5k limit. Any time I've seen primers available they literally sell out in minutes.

· Registered
15,248 Posts
I almost bought a case, but don't really like Cheddites (piercing) and just couldn't bring myself to spend 2x what I was buying name brand primers for in 2019. Might live to regret it, but at my pared back shooting amount, I have enough primers to get me through another year or two.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't order any due to the high hazmat for just 5K primers much less the higher than usual primer cost. I've got enough to get me through next year, but I know a lot of guys are getting desperate. I'm getting a bit skeptical about the length of time they've shown in stock as well. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

· Registered
53 Posts
So after seeing this thread, I went and checked my order I had placed 3 months ago. It states my order is on permanent hold. Not sure what that means, but I'm guessing I won't be seeing any primers show up. Now to decide if I want to reorder or just gamble that I will find some of what I usually use in the future.

· Registered
170 Posts
So after seeing this thread, I went and checked my order I had placed 3 months ago. It states my order is on permanent hold. Not sure what that means, but I'm guessing I won't be seeing any primers show up. Now to decide if I want to reorder or just gamble that I will find some of what I usually use in the future.
Send them an email. They will ask for your consent to go ahead and place the order due to its age.

· Registered
53 Posts
I have already done that. So we will see if I hear from them tomorrow.

[UOTE="mat!_SW, post: 8738320, member133781"]
Send them an email. They will ask for your consent to go ahead and place the order due to its age.
[/QUOTE]

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
$37 is not overprices for 1K. I am still using rifle/pistol primers by Winchester I bought 5-6 years ago for $35. A local gun store sold primers prior to this shortage nonsense for $3.45 per 100. So, this price for Cheddite is not out of line. Remember the inflation factor too.
Unfortunately I agree. I paid this for 1000 from AJ's at the Oh State Shoot. Hazmat sucks but it is what it is.

· Registered
2,387 Posts
$37.99 is not overprices for 1K. I am still using rifle/pistol primers by Winchester I bought 5-6 years ago for $35. A local gun store sold primers prior to this shortage nonsense for $3.45 per 100. So, this price for Cheddite is not out of line. Remember the inflation factor too.
After fees, the price is double what it was.

· Banned
291 Posts
After fees, the price is double what it was.
Nope. Not for me. Depends on your state. If I buy the maximum of 5K BP limits, I have to pay sales tax regardless if I buy it off the shelf or internet/mail order. So, the extra cost for me is shipping and the hazmat fee which calculates to about 26% more in cost per 1000. Long ways from double the cost.

· Registered
428 Posts
The old price for blue box win209 was 28 per 1k. The new price for win209 will be $48 for the red and black box.

Don’t quote me I’m not selling.
Just saying. Home reloading will be experiencing sticker shock. I enjoy spending time reloading. Joy just became twice as expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Exactly. Last time I bought Cheddite primers at LGS $125/5K tax included. Just ordered 5K, add tax, shipping and hazmat $260. More than double.
It is always a bummer when you can not buy 10 or 15 thousand as that help balance out the hazmat charge and the shipping flattens out a little too. Glad I can just go pick them up on my way to shooting.

· Banned
291 Posts
Exactly. Last time I bought Cheddite primers at LGS $125/5K tax included. Just ordered 5K, add tax, shipping and hazmat $260. More than double.
Was that discounted price? Not everyone will pay that price. Its been some time since any kind of primers were at that price. Never seen Cheddite at that price in a while. So, for me and my experience and the local gun shops I do business with, its not double for me. But, maybe for you based on your last purchase.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.