Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boyd

Have any of you dealt with Boyd's ? So far I am not a happy camper ! Purchased a stock last Thursday that is in stock. Has yet to be released for shipping. Suppose to be 1 to 2 Business Days for shipping for items in stock. That means it should have went out Monday. Still waiting on shipping confirmation. Tried calling all you get is answering machine. I leave name, number and message and do not get returned calls.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have had good luck with them in the past but this last stock that I got from them took 2 weeks to get. I will still use them again. d t jones

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I have two Boyd's rifle stocks. I was very happy with their service and their product. I received my last one at Christmas time this last Christmas and it was at my door 5 days from the date of purchase. I can't ask for more than that. The stocks have been better than I hoped for. By the time I got my tracking number, the stock was 3/4 the way to my house. Don't panic. They are a good company.

My most recent Boyd's stock.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I ordered a 10/22 T-hole stock from them a couple years back....got here ASAP via USPS-Canada Post including getting across the border.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally received a call this morning on the stock. Just made me a little more madder. I left all the info on the phone message I left yesterday, even the order number. You would think they would have the info ready to go when they called, but they have to find order..... Stock is in stock but forearm is not.... I told them their website said they where both in stock at the time of purchase. I talked to a girl from their company right before I ordered them. Now I am told they will not ship until this Friday. Totally disappointed so far with their customer service. I will follow up when I receive the stock and forearm.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Take a deep breath, Boyd's is an excellent company I have never been unhappy with the stocks that I have received from them. They are the only company that makes stocks for a lot of older guns we need them to stay in business they are a busy company The stock will get there when it gets there Bill

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
I have a couple of their stocks. If I remember right mine took a little while to ship to me, but it wasn't a horribly long wait. Good products and good service in the overall.

I plan to buy another one soon for a new build I'm doing.

Hang in there, be a little patient, they will come through for you.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
I ordered a stock from them back in September.

Order was processed fairly quickly. I rec'd the stock on 10/1, and noticed there was a crack/defect in it (definitely a factory defect, as it had been finished over). No problem, I called them, and as instructed sent them an email with pictures of the crack.

I requested a UPS call tag to facilitate the return so I could exchange it for a new stock. I had the call tag the next day.

They rec'd the stock back 10/9. I hadn't heard anything from them by 10/16, so I sent a followup email.

I rec'd a response stating that the first person I was dealing with was no longer with the company, they apologized about the delay, and told me a new stock would be shipping shortly. At that point, my interests had moved off that project, so I requested they just refund my CC for the initial charge, was was accommodated and processed promptly.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again in the future though, they handled the issues promptly and professionally.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes you are right I do want it now. Their advertising is why I bought it from them. I could have went somewhere else. Their advertising says one to two day shipping of in stock items. I called the girl confirmed they where in stock. Plus I have a gunsmith lined up for work that is fitting me in. So yes I want it NOW

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
It sounds like Boyds customer service communication skills could use some work...keeping the customer informed is just good business

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nothing wrong with holding a person or business up to the standards that person set for themselves. It's called accountability.

Regards,

Chip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts