Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about putting a Boyd's stock and forend on a Remington 1100. I see they have one with an adjustable comb and butt pad. I love the way they look, but I'm concerned about the fit. Do the adjustable ones work well? Anyone here using one?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have one on my 20 ga. slug gun and I love it. Fits great and the adjustable comb and butt work great when you add a heavy coat or whatever.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I'm thinking about putting a Boyd's stock and forend on a Remington 1100. I see they have one with an adjustable comb and butt pad. I love the way they look, but I'm concerned about the fit. Do the adjustable ones work well? Anyone here using one?
Let's see a Photo of the stock for sale.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The glue in the laminated stock is stronger then wood . I like the looks of it as well and yes , adjustable can be made to fit perfect !! :) :)

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I have a couple laminated Boyds Stocks on rifles. They are a bit heavy but rock solid.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
There are a couple really nice ones in the 'Rapid Fire' (clearance) section on the site right now; I've been looking for a stock for my Savage Axis on there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't buy the AT-1 stock! I like boyds stocks because they are solid, inexpensive, and look great. But I bought the at-1 with the adjustable comb for 870 and I was nothing but disappointed. The adjustable comb only can be adjusted up and down and is not solid, and the adjustable but pad is only solid if your LOP is about 12.5". Not to mention it was the most difficult and frustrating stock I have ever installed, the whole stock came loose from the gun 3-4 times (and I only shot maybe 8 rounds with it). If you like the boyds look(which I definitely do), buy a stock with out any adjustable parts and have an adjustable comb and butt pad put on by a professional gun smith. It will cost more but you will be much more pleased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts