·
Registered
502 Posts
Never a dull moment

Reactions: blackandgold

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I continue to remind myself that I picked the wrong year to begin trap shooting. However, I’m old enough to appreciate all the comments on past shortages, manufactured or real. But that won’t put primers on the shelf or shot in the hopper.

When the supplies are gone and the CCP flag begins appearing on boxes of factory ammo, then you know we’ve lost the country.

What a year, indeed.

Reactions: blackandgold

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am a little confused. I've already got 9500 registered targets in this year, shot another 5000 plus practice, probably have 20 flats loaded in my shop with enough components to load another 25,000. This is not the first time this has happened. Won't be the last. Am I the only one that plans ahead for what I view as the "new normal?"

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I am a little confused. I've already got 9500 registered targets in this year, shot another 5000 plus practice, probably have 20 flats loaded in my shop with enough components to load another 25,000. This is not the first time this has happened. Won't be the last. Am I the only one that plans ahead for what I view as the "new normal?"
One of the problems is people have their ears and eyes closed on this problem
Steve

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
No sir, most of my shooting buddies have way, WAY more than I do. They also shoot lots more. I'm the broke and non sponsored guy of the bunch. I do what I can with what I have.

Your point is spot on. I wish you a great shooting year!

·
Banned
789 Posts
Some folks want Downrange wads and can’t get them -out of stock. “Wadhopper “ has strings on his Claybusters and thinks they effect his lost clays. Every primer is out of stock by the Winchester, Federal, Remington, and CCI producers and blame military requirements and everyone hates Cheddites and other Euro trash primers which are the only available primers and everyone is worried about using their last AA or STS or Nitro hulls on multiple primer pockets. Nobody has Green Dot or Clays or Red Dot or E3 powder and everyone is looking on how to shoot Winchester WFT and Titewad on 1 1/8 oz loads below 1200 FPS. Folks want a Spolar Gold or PW 800 + but are buying Mec 600 Jr on e Bay to go along with their 20 year old MEC Case Conditioner and MEC Super Sizer to resize REM Gun Clubs since they are only hull available as nobody has Win AA’s or Rem STS or Nitro’s to shoot anymore. Harlan Campbell has left Remington and has gone over to Winchester AA and I haven’t seen his picture on any 4 Pack of AA’s yet. Gunbroker is now charging seller state taxes and buyers state tax and misc charges for purchases. Vista Outdoors now owns Federal, Estate and Remington ammo companies and everyone is praying for stocked shelves which aren’t going to be seen because “Black and Gold“ member will be there to buy 50 flats for 2022 shooting as the premier hoarder. It might be time to get out the fly rod?
Black and Gold shoots a helluva lot more than 50 flats per year, and he had 2 full barns of shotshells behind his house. Daily he checks out every Walmart and Shooters supply within 50 miles of home. His wife works for Cabelas and diverts all the incoming trucks to their house before unloading at the stores.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Black and Gold shoots a helluva lot more than 50 flats per year, and he had 2 full barns of shotshells behind his house. Daily he checks out every Walmart and Shooters supply within 50 miles of home. His wife works for Cabelas and diverts all the incoming trucks to their house before unloading at the stores.
This is pretty close except I don't waste the gas. Instead, people call or text me (more accurately my wife, I'm out shooting) when what I want is in. When I show up, I pull up to the dock with the big ole trailer and load up.

My wife doesn't work for Cabela's, she fields the phone calls and texts. We have a nice forklift that helps with the pallets. Boy, unloading pallets by hand is not any fun. We have barns full of ammo, but they aren't all at my house. Also have some purpose built storage for the good stuff.

I honestly just do the WalMart thing for fun. Gives me something to do. Sometimes, just for fun, I throw a few primers into the fire just to hear them pop.

Edit: I know you were joking @wizard77 but you aren't too far from the truth. We all need to get through the hard times when idiots vote anti-American communists in office. It happens now and again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Going through these shortages is not new to a lot of us. When we were in the good times and ammo and components were plentiful, many of us got complacent and spent money on other things. However, lots of us stocked up a good inventory. I personally kick myself in the butt for just buying flats of factory ammo and not components. I am able to shoot this year but for me reloading is good mental relaxation. I don’t have to reload, I just want to but can’t. I love to fly fish, and don’t have to tie flys, but it’s just pleasant relaxation. Right now I am going to wait for this ammo and component shortage to play out and instead spend some time tying some Clouser Minnow flys and take the heavy fly rod and go after some smallmouth bass. Fortunately, there’s no shortage of fly tying components, water, or bass. Life is good.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Bill, we all agree with what your saying. I say calm down and just relax. Do you feel better now after venting? Inquiring minds need to know!!! break em all Jeff

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Feel somewhat better.....but holding my breath
I am glad you are feeling better but don't hold your breath too long. It's probably not good for you.

I hear Remington is back up to 3 shifts a day. Looking forward to my orders getting filled...finally. it's a big relief!

·
Banned
789 Posts
Who knows what the STS and Nitros will be like with a new "BOSS".

21 - 40 of 40 Posts