Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In September I bought a 682 Gold E unsingle combo. I bought it from a buddy of mine, whom got it new from Jaqua's. The front screw was stripped on the unsingle barrel, and I'm thinking him tightening it while it being stripped caused the bowing. Is there anyway of un-bowing the rib? Maybe a gunsmith could do it? Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Kasey

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Which way bowed??? dipped in middle? Swayed left or right? matbe post a pic,,,...take the clamp off bottom middle because if that is uneven it will press uneven against one side...I had to sand one side of one to not affect rib when tightened to grib rib at middle bottom

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Very simple to restore a bowed rib, if it is bowed down. Take a new wooden shingle and break off a couple of pieces about 1" to 2" wide. Insert one tapered end between the barrel and the rib. Insert the other piece of shingle, tapered side first, directly opposite from the first one. Take a plastic hammer and gently tap the fat end of each shingle, first on one side, then on the other. You will notice the rib start to bow back up.... Pretty easy, and leaves no marks at all on your gun... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kleonard92_2013_280118.jpg

kleonard92_2013_280119.jpg

here's a couple pictures. best I can do with my iPhone camera. gunsmith said it isn't bowed and used a gauge the length of the rib. said it could just be an optical illusion or the way it's tapered. opinions?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Shoot it like it is.... Not worth worrying about... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok if the rib is swamped (bent down) in the middle, loosen machine screws X2 and nuts under forearm back by the receiver, then loosen machine screw at the end of the rib barrel end. Note; set adjustment, then gently tighten machine screws and nuts under forearm. Then VERY Gently tighten machine screw on end of rib (barrel) GENTLY, notice if this bolt at the end of rib (barrel) is tightened to much it will swamp (BOW DOWN) that rib. Hope this helps. Paul Jr.,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts