Trapshooters Forum banner

Bought this 11-87 Premier Trap this afternoon.....tell me what you think...........

3525 26
Ok, so the weather is crappy today in Wisconsin and I am stuck on the couch surfing the internet. I stumbled across this 11-87 Premier Trap on Gunbroker. It looks really clean...... I never owned one of these.....I like trying out different trap guns...so on a whim I bought it. Reviews on the internet seem to be good and bad.....so tell me what you think.

Remington 11-87 Premier Trap 12ga Semi-Auto Shotgun - 30" - Semi Auto Shotguns at GunBroker.com : 907635404
Reactions: entropy
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
4,962 Posts
I have one, bought in new years ago at the Grand in Vandalia. Mine has the target barrel that kinda has a choke built in inside the barrel just before the choke tubes. Chokes were marked full, extra full and super full. They actually are just regular Remchokes. Your gun may also have that barrel? Kinda hard to explain. I think they are just fine and will grind any target if you can do your part. Enjoy your new gun.

· Registered
475 Posts
Looks like excellent condition. I have a Cpl 11-87 in 28 ga and they are good guns. No idea on price but seems pretty good to me I today’s market. Heck I sold a Browning BPS trap version pump several years ago and really regret it. I have been browsing for one here and there. I found one on GB last night and with 2 hours left it was almost to 700 bones for a pump. I’d say you did good on that remy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,761 Posts
Ok, so the weather is crappy today in Wisconsin and I am stuck on the couch surfing the internet. I stumbled across this 11-87 Premier Trap on Gunbroker. It looks really clean...... I never owned one of these.....I like trying out different trap guns...so on a whim I bought it. Reviews on the internet seem to be good and bad.....so tell me what you think.

Remington 11-87 Premier Trap 12ga Semi-Auto Shotgun - 30" - Semi Auto Shotguns at GunBroker.com : 907635404
Looks like a great deal. Bought a "competition" 1187 last fall. Took a month to find one. I had to replace the mag follower cap as they are plastic and tend to protrude as they wear. Then the gun won't open sometimes when empty or cycle properly. $10 fix and it's a crusher.

· Registered
771 Posts
I own and shoot pretty much the same gun. Really like it. Great price. They're a pain to clean, but I'm sure you knew that already.
I really like mine. Its front-heavy, but that seems to work for me.

Good luck!

· Registered
3,211 Posts
You made a great deal. Read up on the Remington Trap choke tubes so you understand the constriction that is built into these barrels before the choke tube.
The Remington shot gun shop manual/guide by Jerry Kuhnhausen is a good book on these guns and the 1100 and 870.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.