Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some shopping a week ago Friday at a local Farm and Fleet (SE WI). Checked out the ammo supply and low and behold they had some 22 LR ammo. It was Winchester 36 grain hollow point, boxes of 333 and 555. I didn't get greedy, I only bought one box of the 555 count. Another guy came up to the shelves and picked up 2 boxes of the 555 count. There was an employee stocking the shelf at the time and he made the comment that the 22 LR will be gone by the end of the day. The last 22 ammo I bought was from Recobs in Prairie Du Sac, WI back in August. He was limiting 1 brick per customer and only had a few left. I hope this is a sign that we might be seeing manufacturers catching up to demand, or maybe I just got lucky. I also didn't think I would EVER pay $25 a brick for 22 LR but I guess that's what the going rate is going to be.

Joe

·
Molon Labe
11,992 Posts
The sad part is the manufacturers are seeing what people will pay the scalpers so they are going to jack up their prices until the hoarding quits then it might drop back some

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
If you can find it at $25.00 a brick, you are LUCKY!! Most people around here are getting over 4 bucks for 50!!!!!!! Wally World still has a good price,but, they are forever OUT of it!

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Saw some guy at gun show selling CCI .22 LR @$15 per 50

·
Registered
14,688 Posts
Local Gander Mountain had 6 pallets of Federals delivered. They are putting it out sparingly over time so more people get access. $20 /325

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
I have been unable to buy it for two years now.

I'd like to buy another 22 pistol, but what's the sense in that if I can't buy ammo.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought a couple boxes of the 333 packs hollow points. I had feeding problems in ruger mark ll. I willhave to shoot these in my revolver only, but the accuracy was good.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Scheels in Springfield, Il had loads of .22LR, It was in a pale green box, I think it was S and B. Priced at $3.99 for 50. There seemed to be no big rush to buy them, one guy was calling his buddy on the phone letting him know they had some in stock.

·
Molon Labe
11,992 Posts
A while back I was in a local hardware store getting some pipe fittings and they had a sign out front we have .22 LR's I asked about them they had one brick and wanted $11 per box, they guy didn't like it when I called him a effin thief

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
It's all a marketing ploy; most stores have 22s, but only put out a few boxes every few hours to keep more new customers coming into their store, otherwise the same ole hoarders would hang around & buy nothing but 22s.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just picked up a brick at sportsmans warehouse this last friday, they said they put out multiple cases of bricks on the shelves at noon and they were sold out by 3:30. Here in southern Oregon you have to be at the right place at the right time or you won't find any!

Joe

·
Registered
684 Posts
At Sportsmans' you have to be there when the truck delivers it. Hit and miss schedule. Blazers for $24.95 plus tax a brick. That is also how powderand primers come in. My wife and I walked in and by chance the truck came in an hour before. Each got a brick and some powder.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I delivered a pallet of them to a local dealer this fall. Was thinking about buying a brick or 2 but when they told me $55.00/brick of 500 I passed. He said they would be gone quick. I didn't need them that bad, was just thinking about adding to what I have already.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
This whole .22 thing just makes no sense to me. Fun plinker and small game ammo but what is the point of hoarding tens of thousands of rounds which is what these guys are doing! What is the point? Give the rest of us a break!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Yet at the Shot Show CCI is reported to have stated that they are all caught up on .22 LR orders. The problem is with the scalpers who are grabbing the ammo for resell.

·
Registered
81 Posts
CCI blew smoke up you A$$. Our store is direct with ATK and we have backorders from 2011 and 2012 that haven't been shipped yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts