Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found one way to keep my sanity . I bought my own machine tried it today after putting it together,man it will throw em. If we don’t get rain tomorrow I’m going to try 50 rounds or so and see if the gun still gets hard to open after a box or 2 or maybe 3 or 4

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
So I found one way to keep my sanity . I bought my own machine tried it today after putting it together,man it will throw em. If we don’t get rain tomorrow I’m going to try 50 rounds or so and see if the gun still gets hard to open after a box or 2 or maybe 3 or 4
Good for you. I bought an Atlas AT-250 a couple years ago and pull it out every chance I get. Just shot a few today. Incidentally I discovered this thing was set up too tight and throwing the targets a lot faster and farther than it should (per AT rules) so I adjusted it today and will probably do some more shooting tomorrow.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it was also the atlas .It came at about 530 so I hurried to put it together so I could try it before it got dark .It holds a stack of clays about 2 feet high .I tried it on a 12 v battery booster pack like a kid at Christmas

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I envy you guys that have enough land to install your own trap machine. I wish I had purchases maybe 50-100 acers with a pond years ago. But, the wife said no, she likes neighbors relatively close at hand. An otherwise, she hates the boondocks.... :17::17:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a Wheelybird a couple of years ago and I have had a lot of fun with it. I use a motorcycle battery with it and rarely recharge it

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,902 Posts
I bought a Wheelybird a couple of years ago and I have had a lot of fun with it. I use a motorcycle battery with it and rarely recharge it
I keep mine on a tender when not in use and going on three years I believe. It's thrown well over 3000 targets and here lately it's seeing right at 1000/mo. with all the clubs closed.

In that time I've had almost no failures. The fingers that hold the targets on the arm are wearing and several are missing but it still works. I had to replace the drive belt on the oscillator a couple weeks ago since it had lost a couple cogs and would occasionally start slipping when that spot rolled around. I've kept it clean and well maintained, given there's very little to actually maintain.

It's been a good investment and has even survived one round directly into the back of the machine. I let my frustration with a TriStar get the best of me and shot the stack of targets in the machine. Stupid but boy did I feel better.

WHEELYNEWRIDE (2).jpg

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I keep mine on a tender when not in use and going on three years I believe. It's thrown well over 3000 targets and here lately it's seeing right at 1000/mo. with all the clubs closed.

In that time I've had almost no failures. The fingers that hold the targets on the arm are wearing and several are missing but it still works. I had to replace the drive belt on the oscillator a couple weeks ago since it had lost a couple cogs and would occasionally start slipping when that spot rolled around. I've kept it clean and well maintained, given there's very little to actually maintain.

It's been a good investment and has even survived one round directly into the back of the machine. I let my frustration with a TriStar get the best of me and shot the stack of targets in the machine. Stupid but boy did I feel better.

View attachment 1674817
Frustration/Tri-Star? What’s this you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
What squad am I on?
7,902 Posts
Frustration/Tri-Star? What’s this you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MmmmHmmmm.....

You guys would've pissed your pants laughing at me that day, guaranteed. Man I was pissed! That was the day I had my "Deluxe" model heaved back over my head while my brain was saying "don't do it, you'll just have to bend over and pick it up and it ain't worth it".

·
Registered
284 Posts

View attachment 1674817
so how many targets did ya break when you shot the machine? lol

Reactions: WadHopper

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Always wanted to build a 1 trap layout here on my farm but couldn't afford it...now I could but arthritis and waning interest will probably kill the idea.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Damn yuppies.
Worse... the idiots in the house on the left side of the picture had a pop-up tent in their backyard last summer. The stenciled lettering on it “Mount Laurel Democrats”. They had a fund raising picnic for same.

No, I didn’t attend.

·
What squad am I on?
7,902 Posts
Just found out they OSTA has cancelled our zone shoots. Damn.

Might have to buy more targets at this rate. I had 2K stacked up, bought another 1K and will likely be looking for more soon.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I'm getting my wheelybird out this weekend as long as weather cooperates. I'm glad I spent a few hours putting the oscillator on it like wadhopper. A whole lot more fun to shoot, more like real trap. I've been thinking of making a makeshift traphouse that can be portable to hide the machine. Maybe out of pvc and tarp. Any ideas would be awesome.

·
What squad am I on?
7,902 Posts
I'm getting my wheelybird out this weekend as long as weather cooperates. I'm glad I spent a few hours putting the oscillator on it like wadhopper. A whole lot more fun to shoot, more like real trap. I've been thinking of making a makeshift traphouse that can be portable to hide the machine. Maybe out of pvc and tarp. Any ideas would be awesome.
I’ve been thinking about covering it as well except shooting by yourself you have to change your rhythm otherwise you can predict the target. It needs an interruptor.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Ageed wad. that is still the struggle. we are at an advantage with these yard machines but when we get back on track at the trap field, were still going to be baffled by those pesky hard rights. it does help the lady likes to shoot also so it changes things a tad. an interruptor and covered would makes things sweet. i wonder how we could rig up something to pause the oscillation with out us knowing.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
My Atlas 250 is on a cart that I tow around with my ATV and in the "back yard" I set up a makeshift trap field with paving stones at the 16, 21, 23 and 25 yard marks (from the trap machine). Right now to hide the trap machine I have an 8' x 4' sheet of plywood on its side. Below are a couple of pics of me from the 16 yard stone, the first is post 3 and the second picture is from post 5.

upload_2020-4-15_19-16-1.png

upload_2020-4-15_19-21-41.png

I want to make a trap house from Concrete blocks and fill out the rest of the field but a little at a time.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts