Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a citori plus and I am having a release/pull trigger installed. Any reason for the top or the bottom to go bang first? Thanks. Jim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bottom first. More inline with your shoulder to prevent barrel jump. Easier to acquire second target of thrown pair. Irv

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, I had a double release for 6 years and could not get used to it.

Irv, thanks for the comment. That makes sense. Any other reasons for either especially in a Citori? Jim

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
You really need to shoot both. Some people can't shoot the bottom barrel first or even as good as the top at all. Personally I agree with Irv and that's the way I shoot but after trying top first for a while.

There is a lot of good advice here but you have to try each and see what works for you personally.

I took a class from a well known instructor and his advice was "I give you the tools to work with but its up to you to try each one and find which works for you".

Bill

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
imho, if you have a barrel selector, it should be pull/pull or release/release.

if your going to have a release/pull, then you need to have the barrel selector pinned so it can't accidently be moved.

generally, most over unders shoot bottom first..

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Like the others have said this is not carved in stone. I shoot an MX-3 that is designed to be Top first. I owned a Citori Trap for 14 years and also shot it Top first because my scores were better that way. I never noticed any difference in recoil and both barrels were pretty close in POI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.