Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in a bad habit in regard to cleaning barrels and thought I pass it along...

I've been using a dry Bore Snake to clean 1100 barrels for what seems like forever. A very convenient quick cleaning prior to putting them in the case when at the club. The instructions state you can use them dry or wet.

Within a span of two weeks I had two 1100's that would not eject the first shell or failed to feed the second.

After messing around trying to fix the problem, I came to the conclusion it was me not cleaning the barrels properly.

A build up in the barrel chamber was the cause and after a proper WET cleaning with brush to remove the buildup, the 1100's worked flawlessly.

I should have know better, as I noticed previously that with my O/U if I don't hit the barrel with a wet cleaning every now and then when using a dry Bore Snake, the skeet tubes start to hang when trying to insert them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
After shooting, I wet a couple of patches with Hoppes, wrap them around athe first set of "brushes" on my bore snake and pull it through the barrel. Keeps the bore nice and clean.

....Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.