Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just got in my Blaser f3 super trap. It is a 2010 model and I'm having a heads of a time figuring out the bore size. I found this website I can get chokes for good price and they ask me for a bore size of my gun. Is it a .732 or .735?
Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
My first one was a flat rib Sporting model. I have had 3 of the high rib Supersport models (still have 2). My latest one is the mid-rib Vantage model. The factory chokes fit all of them and also the Mullers that I use now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first one was a flat rib Sporting model. I have had 3 of the high rib Supersport models (still have 2). My latest one is the mid-rib Vantage model. The factory chokes fit all of them and also the Mullers that I use now.
I I'm going to buy 2 cylinders comp n chokes. I think I'm just going to go with .735

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
CBD, what are you looking for in performance with those cylinder chokes? Is there any particular reason you chose Comp-N-Chokes as your supplier? Depending on what you are after, there probably either significantly better or worse choices. Comp-N-Chokes differ in performance from most other cylinder chokes, enough to give you what you are after or fail to do so.

Yours in Sport,

Neil

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know this isn't the thread for this but do y'all like your Blasers? I'm thinking about getting either a super trap or super skeet as my next gun.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Obviously I really like them since I've owned 5 of them. My friends keep buying them from me though:) I shoot the Supersports better than the Sporting but I also like the Vantage so far. I haven't had it long enough to be sure yet.

I primarily shoot sporting clays but some trap and skeet also. I have the high ribs set as flat as they will go and don't change them, even for trap.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I actually believe the quality of the Blaser's is second to none. If they made the darn thing in a top single I would
buy one tomorrow. I had a
supertrap combo but I just do not like an unsingle.

Mac

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just checked all 3 of my barrels. One of the Supersports is marked 18.6 or .732 and the other is marked 18.7 or .736. My newest one is the Vantage which is 18.7 or .736. So I was obviously wrong about them all being the same. Somewhere along the line they changed them. As I said before, all of my chokes work in any of the barrel sets. Due to the fact that the barrels will interchange I know some dealers will switch barrels on new guns if someone wants a different length. I think the new warranty card even asked for receiver and barrel serial numbers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for your input. I figured out the bore. In my bottom barrel close to the breach it says 18.6 mm which converts to .732 in. Therefore I purchased two skeet kicks smoke chokes!
Thank you all!
Seth

1 - 19 of 19 Posts