Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary Bulley from "The Unloader" as you all know him by made this for me a couple years ago. I am out of shooting now so need to sell. He hand picked the Tiger Myrtle wood, its a beauty. I may have used it twice. It is as new! $250 - reasonable offers considered +
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
20160831_113301.jpg
$20 shipping

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
$250 seems like a lot for a Chinese mic. New starretts are less than that. Must be an expensive piece of wood.

·
Banned
242 Posts
since your a newbie on here I wont comment
"I" will comment !!!---BSD---You have to get out more. Who in hell told you that is a "CHINESE MIC"??--- Now you try to buy a STERRETT Barrel Gauge AND a Custom Box !!! I build these one at a time from raw brass and raw aluminum, and, yes that is a very 'Expensive' piece of MYRTLEWOOD, that you probably don't even know where it came from !!!!---Until you get educated, it would be best not to try to destroy someone elses thread. If "YOU" are not interested in buying it, don't !!! But if you do, I will show you how to use it !!!--( When I get time from building these !!! )---GB.

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
"I" will comment !!!---BSD---You have to get out more. Who in hell told you that is a "CHINESE MIC"??--- Now you try to buy a STERRETT Barrel Gauge AND a Custom Box !!! I build these one at a time from raw brass and raw aluminum, and, yes that is a very 'Expensive' piece of MYRTLEWOOD, that you probably don't even know where it came from !!!!---Until you get educated, it would be best not to try to destroy someone elses thread. If "YOU" are not interested in buying it, don't !!! But if you do, I will show you how to use it !!!--( When I get time from building these !!! )---GB.
Probably because it says "Made in China" on the gauge.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The gauge in the picture above say "Made in China" right on the face.
Starrett is the gold standard of instruments. I have a few, they are the best, and pricey.
A bore gauge isn't needed often unless you're a professional gunsmith, but if you need to take a measurement, you probably want it to be accurate.
I'm looking for a decent, used, bore gauge, which is why I clicked on the link
My comment was only on the price. I don't care if the storage box material is from Mars, if the gauge isn't accurate, it's useless.
Why do you get do upset, jumping up and down, hollering about it?
If I'm wrong, just ignore me and move along.

·
Banned
242 Posts
3149.JPG
3146.JPG
A short lesson on "Quality"---Dial indicators--I don't care what brand they are, "CHINA"--STARRETT or BROWN and SHARP or SPI--or MITUTOYO-----ALL have to meet "AGD-2" Specs.----That is "American Gauge Division" Standards. So they have to all meet these standards. ( Also means they have to ALL read the same, and meet the same standards ) I would like to know why you are insinuating these gauges aren't "ACCURATE"--it is doubtful that you have ever seen one, much less tried one !! Have someone read some of the reviews to you.
I am jumping up and down because people like you come on here and disparage someones product without taking into consideration the expense and time to supply such a product that is helping many shooters. (not only gunsmiths) If you are not "A professional gunsmith" then I guess you are just trying to buy something that 'you' don't need !!!---Go Figure !!!-------It's hard to ignore someone "Stuck on Stupid" !!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Gary, what do you enclose your gauges in if the lovely wood box is not desired? As to accuracy, we're talking about shotgun bores for chrissakes, .001 " is plenty good enough, it's for a comparative measurement, not building a trigger ass'y or something very precise!

·
Banned
242 Posts
Joe, The dial or digital indicator itself, comes in a styrofoam box that I use on that end of the gauge, then packed in more styrofoam for shipping.---Thanks for asking !!
3271.JPG

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought one of these from the maker. Did not need the box. Very accurate instrument. Very pleased with the purchase. I use to be a machinist at a aircraft controls company, these are as accurate as a starrett, or brown & sharp that I have used.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I got rid of another highly regarded barrel mic to purchase one of these. Great product and guy selling them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts