Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Seriously...I always use the same cleaning procedure. I do it every time I clean my barrel which is after every time I shoot. If I've shot several hundred that day I run it through the bore bare before using solvent-soaked swabs. Otherwise I wrap a thin patch around a bore brush (so the bristles poke through the patch) and run them both through wet.

Keller

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"sinclair has high quality bore brushes. avoid steel cored brushes.</I></blockquote>Why? I don't think the core of any of my 12 ga. brushes ever gets close to the bore wall!

Keller

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Same here as Keller but I use a 12v drill...plus I use a chamber brush in the chamber.....

Also like Fred I believe cleanliness is the only way. If I was to go two days or two weekends with out a through cleaning I at least use a bore snake and wipe everything clean and use fresh grease.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Does anybody know where I can get a 20mm bore brush? PM me if you have any ideas.

My 40 year old is running out of steam..

Regards,

Bill.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"unknown---How do you clean the plastic buildup without cleaaning the bore.Am I missing something?"</I></blockquote>It must be me who's missing something. What did I write that gave you the impression that I said what you think I said??

Keller

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Sorry unknown---I just reread and see that the core never gets close to bore wall---I would hope my core never gets there also---Just common sense---SJB

·
Registered
304 Posts
Gun solvents dissolve brass brushes??? Really????

I believe that most are organic solvents, I don't think they will dissolve brass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.