Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
There are several choke tube dealers there like Briley, but I don't think that they are installing them at the Grand. I think they are all taking them back to their main shop to do that, but there could be someone.

·
Vendor
19,107 Posts
If the "MoneyMaker" guys is there, keep on walkin... Better yet, cuff him.

Milt. the work you want is always a shop deal.

PM me for a recommendation.

Jack

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Any vendors on the grounds boring and choking barrels during the Grand American?
Milt, what are you reaming out? Surely not the Seitz!

You might talk to Wright's. I doubt they will but there close enough to the shop it's a chance.

No one has the setup to do it right at the Grand Milt. Unless you want someone to Black and Deckeret and take your chances.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Yeah I don't recall anyone with the equipment at the Grand to do that on site. Like Pheasantmaster said, Wrights would be your only slim chance being that their home shop is only 19 miles away. I assume after Stu passed away that they still offer that service. I just kinda doubt it's something that they will want to tackle while the Grand is going on. Never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm reaming for one purpose only...to tighten constriction. It is .035 now with a .744 bore. Light balls of smoke from 16 and never smoke from 27...not even hard breaks. I've shot .042 for 45 years. I know...99% of you think I'm crazy but without smoke, I'm lost!

milt

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish Herb was still alive and kicking. I've owned (2) MX8's over the years that were "Orre Choked for Doubles". Bottom barrel shot 100% high, both barrels would smoke targets like an active volcano!

·
Registered
835 Posts
There are several choke tube dealers there like Briley, but I don't think that they are installing them at the Grand. I think they are all taking them back to their main shop to do that, but there could be someone.
Been there, done that. Briley does not do the work in Sparta. Do your shooting and leave the barrel with them when you leave. Saves you one way shipping; they'll ship back to your home address without an FFL delivery.

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
Do your shooting and leave the barrel with them when you leave. Saves you one way shipping; they'll ship back to your home address without an FFL delivery.
Are you sure they'll take new work back with them? They are basically retail-only @ Sparta, and may not have the space or desire (or the willingness to take on the additional liability) to take work with them.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Are you sure they'll take new work back with them? They are basically retail-only @ Sparta, and may not have the space or desire (or the willingness to take on the additional liability) to take work with them.
Had mine done last year, skeetman.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts