Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Ohio. I don't even know if I'm selling them, I'm just curious to know if they are worth 5 or 6 cents a piece or not?ive never loaded them so if I use them I will have to find a load for them.

· Registered
21,601 Posts
I sold a bunch several years ago for .04/ea. but I suppose .05/ea. isn't out of line. I have loaded a bunch of them and actually have some I'm gonna load pretty soon but I really don't know why. For some reason they were tough to resize. They also swelled in my Browning and were tough to eject. Of course this is just my experience.

You are talking about these right?

Ammunition Bullet Shotgun Gun accessory Metal

I had the same luck with the green Remington/Peters Premier hulls.
Green Ammunition Shotgun Cylinder

· Registered
21,601 Posts
LOL.....I must say, your hulls are in much better shape than mine. I guess the long term storage in open barrels in the shop plays heck on them. If you reload, follow the Remington STS data and give 'em a try.

6,495 Posts
STS/Nitro Loads work in the BM/Premiers (RTL Hulls) and I've had success using AA recipes as well...

Jay

· Registered
8,994 Posts
They were great for reloading, except if you used 700X. Using that powder would split the hull in half, leaving the front half stuck in your barrel. A pain in the rear to get out. I don't know about other powders doing this. However, green Dot and 7535 worked great,

· Registered
2,068 Posts
I loaded Blue Magics and green RTL Premiers for years, using C300, 700X, and Clays. If you kept your speed down to 1200fps or less, 15 reloads wasn't out of the question. After about 10-12, they got black and crispy on the crimp, but still loaded okay. The old RXP was good for about 8-10, then the crimp was burnt and cracked, and unusable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.