Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a shoot over the weekend. They threw green targets. The back ground was snow covered ground with trees farther out. Everyone had a hard time seeing targets. Could not pick them up until they got to the trees for a darker back ground. Has any one had experience with Decot blue lenses with snow background and green targets? I was thinking of getting a set of lenses. Seems that green targets are becoming more common around here.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
I was at a shoot over the weekend. They threw green targets. The back ground was snow covered ground with trees farther out. Everyone had a hard time seeing targets. Could not pick them up until they got to the trees for a darker back ground. Has any one had experience with Decot blue lenses with snow background and green targets? I was thinking of getting a set of lenses. Seems that green targets are becoming more common around here.
Not in snow background but in fairly dense trees with bushes spread around the Purple works well on green domes.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
As Polo said everyone's eyes are different, but I am of the same opinion as Flash.

My home club backdrop is a up- hill slope into a tight forest of Pine and Fir trees. We normally have snow on the ground Nov-March.

I was talked into a light purple (I wear Rangers) but I am sure Decot has the same color. They work well for me during heavy rain and snow, but if the sun comes out at all I need to change to a dark lenses to get rid of the glare of the snow. That might be were blue would be a better choice.

· Registered
2,977 Posts
Purple tint and a lot of it to cut glare. For most people the purple shades will also help neutralise the bare trees to a more uniform background.

6,495 Posts
I own the Ranger Blue for lime green targets thrown in the Desert... I don't think they're offered any longer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.