Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

Can you believe they cancelled the reruns of the Dukes of Hazzard due to the General Lee having the confederate flag on it.

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
Why not fly the 'Stars and Stripes' and the 'Stars and Bars' rather than the battle flag? That way you can support both sides and not be waiving the flag that has been high-jacked by groups you probably don't endorse.

I agree. We can't control what is or isn't a lightning rod in todays society. All we can do is recognize when it's best not to pour gas on the fire.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts

Yes Please!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
My parents were from Parker County Texas, and I was born and raised in Illinois. because I received so much shit from my family about being a Yankee I became obsessed with the actual facts of that war.
1. The North won!
2. The south lost and were traitors! The Confederate flag that everyone protests is not the true stars and bars but rather a battle flag. The real Condederate (CSA) flag that resembled the Austrian flag was actually designed by an Austrian.
3. Kentucky, Missouri, and Kansas, fought for the North and not the South. In Kansas the people hated Quantrill (who fought for the South but was from the North)
4. The North won most of the battles!
Point is that many grey shooters are again shooting for the wrong side....
Let the fun begin!

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Shouldn't that be plural? As in Flags.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Aw the Blue/Gray shoot-out!! One of the more interesting top of the chain shoot-outs at the Grand!! Guess I'm wired a tad weird but I root for my favorite shooters to be top dogs in their squad regardless of which color that shoot for? This PC BS is just that, BS and the more it's stirred the more it stinks!

The flags pictures above, should be removed as begged. :)

HAP

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So much for trying to have a decent discussion on a current event topic....all I wanted to do was remind everyone to come to the Blue-Gray shoot on Monday.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
"Obviously, we have our roots in the South, there are events in the South, it's part of our history like it is for the country," France told The Associated Press. "But it needs to be just that, part of our history. It isn't part of our future."

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015...ot-to-fly-confederate-flag/?intcmp=latestnews

NASCAR was born in the South. We'll see just exactly what ramifications France' PC statement makes.

·
Registered
10,954 Posts
For years people in the south have had the Confederate flag and revered it as a symbol of their History. While some may not have "liked" the flag much, nobody made a stink about it! Then along came Obama and the new breed of crap stirring , whining , limp wristed, spoiled , everything's gotta be my way crowd! Now the leftist liberal (I'm offended at everything) morons have gone ballistic about all sorts of stuff including the Confederate flag! That includes a couple of whiney butt liberals on here. Since I blocked those retards and won't see their post ,they don't bother me and don't matter anyway! They are the classic example of the two faced liberals who think THEY have a right to freedom of speech and expression but, the rest of us DON"T! Add that to the panzy, gutless, limp wristed , Suck Ups, who are kissing the backside of the politically correct crowd and trying to appease them and it is just sickening! I say Fly your flag if you want to! I spent 24-1/2 years in uniform under the American flag preserving your right to do so! I don't like the rainbow flag and it offends the crap out of me but, they have freedom of speech to have it! For that matter I feel the same way about OBAMA stickers! I have an old shooting vest with a rebel flag sewn on it next to the state flag of KY and an image of the state outline. If I wear it and somebody doesn't like it they can kiss my grits! I recently heard some tourist complain about seeing so many rebel flags down here in the south. I told him he could get used to it or just go back up north! It was really up to him! BTW way ,should you come down to the AL. state shoot, you will not only see that Southern Cross but some other Confederate pieces of History. If you don't want to see that Don't Come!--See wasn't that simple! [X] :13:

·
Registered
10,954 Posts
My parents were from Parker County Texas, and I was born and raised in Illinois. because I received so much shit from my family about being a Yankee I became obsessed with the actual facts of that war.
1. The North won!
2. The south lost and were traitors! The Confederate flag that everyone protests is not the true stars and bars but rather a battle flag. The real Condederate (CSA) flag that resembled the Austrian flag was actually designed by an Austrian.
3. Kentucky, Missouri, and Kansas, fought for the North and not the South. In Kansas the people hated Quantrill (who fought for the South but was from the North)
4. The North won most of the battles!
Point is that many grey shooters are again shooting for the wrong side....
Let the fun begin!
Well you are partially right on some things but not most. Kansas(a territory then) was bitterly divided as to north/south loyalties. I am from KY and can tell you that KY had MANY Confederated soldiers! KY. and MO actually had "TWO" governments. KY was a southern state that was mostly loyal to the south as was much of Mo. KY had several Regiments of Confederate units and Jefferson Davis was from KY. as was the famous Confederate cavalry officer John Morgan. There WERE Confederate governments in both states but they fell to the North early in the fighting. In fact 2 of the 13 stars in the Confederate flag represent KY and MO. !!!!!By the way Slavery (which was really only a secondary issue in the war) wasn't abolished legally until after the civil was over!! The Imancipation Proclamation DID NOT free all the slaves as many believe but, ONLY those in 11 of the southern states fighting against the north! leaving KY ,MO and the western territories all with slaves until AFTER the war. The reason KY and MO were allowed to keep theirs was the fact the "official" government seats in those states signed a loyalty agreement with the north(even though most of the population sided with the South). Also W VA was admitted into the Union in the MIDDLE of the Civil war as a Slave State! Bet you didn't know THAT did you??! The South lost but put up a very good stand against an enemy with almost all of the industry and an ongoing supply of paid mercenary soldiers! The civil war was a terrible time in our History but, the text book stories of the Nobel North fighting the oppressive south to FREE the slaves is almost all theatrical BS! The bitterness of that war was only a smoldering ash until recently but, it like racial division in this country it was rekindled by the likes of Obama and the crap stirring divisive left! As far as the Blue /Gray If I make it up in time I'll be cheering for the Gray team! Who you choose is up to you. I might even bring my Confederate Battle Flag with the emblem of the KY 7th volunteers on it !

21 - 40 of 48 Posts