Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday at the PA State Shoot during the 200 Singles event.

K-80 Trap Special

No unusual sound
No debris in the action well
No debris in my hand when i caught the empty
I broke the target solidly

The only thing unusual was this.......What happened? I've never seen this before:

Household hardware Finger Wood Gas Button

Wood Finger Gadget Cameras & optics Lens

·
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Missing the anvil and cup. You mentioned clean action. Where else would it go?
My guess is that the material completely disintegrated or somehow was blown through the barrel...... or both.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Have had that happen several times years ago, never missed a target because of it.
Thought it was probably my firing pin doing it, mine were not exactly like that just missing top of primer, anvil was still there.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Happened to look down after dropping an STS 1-1/8 oz of # 8 @ 1145fps into my barrel at MS state shoot. Attached photo shows what I saw. No cup, but anvil present, glad I looked down. Shot 700 plus of that load over that weekend and know the quality wasn’t there because the recoil was all over the map! No poopers but my shoulder felt everything from ultra lite type load to serious handicap load recoil from that lot of ammo.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
For what is worth, bring the casing to the Grand and present it to Remington. In the past, the Remington representative would put it in an envelope with all relevant information. In years past, your would be given a full box of STS shells. Now, I believe, you may (or may not) receive a $5 gift certificate in the mail weeks/months later.

·
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For what is worth, bring the casing to the Grand and present it to Remington. In the past, the Remington representative would put it in an envelope with all relevant information. In years past, your would be given a full box of STS shells. Now, I believe, you may (or may not) receive a $5 gift certificate in the mail weeks/months later.
You're not the first person to suggest that, so I put the shell in my vehicle and I'm planning to be at the Grand, so we'll see what the good folks at Remington have to say...... thank you

·
Registered
28,944 Posts
You're not the first person to suggest that, so I put the shell in my vehicle and I'm planning to be at the Grand, so we'll see what the good folks at Remington have to say...... thank you
Bring the box it came from too. That has the lot numbers they need.

Reactions: Jaburg1
1 - 12 of 12 Posts