Blood Myrtle Blanks for sale | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Myrtle Blanks for sale

Discussion in 'White Creek Gunstock Blanks' started by Mr.M, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Blood Myrtle blanks coming out of the racks after resting in the air-drying world for 4+ years. The colors in this entire log were very unique with reds, salmons and some pinks showing in almost all the wood. What looks black in the photos is actually a very dense concentration of red which will show as the wood is cut during duplication. Pictures, prices and measurements follow:

711LEFT.jpg
    711RIGHT.jpg

Broken fiddleback, a little burl and excellent layout measuring 20" long, 8" tall at the butt, 4" tall at the receiver and 2 1/2" thick. Colors show more dramatically on the left side view and are right under the surface on the right side. With closely matching forend blank and shipping and insurance included, price is $450.00. I have a "making a decision" hold on this blank by AK.

731LEFT.jpg
    731RIGHT.jpg Beautiful burl pocket through the meat of the butt with very dramatic color showing on the left. The dark spot in the middle of the right side view is the red color indicating that there is more color right below the surface. Measurements are 19" long, 9" tall at the butt, 4" tall at the receiver and 2 1/2" thick. Price with everything mentioned above is $500.00.

757LEFT.jpg
    757RIGHT.jpg #757 is a full-color deep salmon blank with solid tight fiddleback and deep red stripe invading the bottom (or the top, if you choose) for a very unique (rare) look. This base color is not the raging pink of bubinga rosewood, but a very distinctive deep salmon unique to this one tree. Huge blank at 2 7/8" thick, its measurements are 20" long, 8" tall at the butt and 4" tall at the inlet end. There were only two (out of 80) taken from this log that had solid color through and through and the bonus of the lightning bolt deep stripe. The first was reserved years ago and is now in the maker's hands in central California. This perfectly symmetrical blank can be worked either as pictured and numbered or upside down with the lightning bolt stripe and maybe even the touch of white wood in the comb. I guess you can tell that I like this one. With precisely matching forend blank, shipping and insurance the price on #757 is $675.00.

760LEFT.jpg
    760RIGHT.jpg
    Great symmetry side to side, super colors, fiddleback fan and dramatic stripe highlight this monster blank with measurements of 20" long, 9" tall at the butt, 4" tall at the receiver and 2 1/2" thick. Price with closely matching forend blank and S & I is $550.00.

780LEFT.jpg 780RIGHT.jpg
    #780 features a great burl pocket in exactly the right place in the heart of the blank. The white patch on the left view is only 1/8" thick as the photo shows and will mill out during duplication. What looks like dirt on the right side view is broken red stripe peeking through indicating that more color is just below the surface. Measuring 20" long, 8" tall at the butt, 4" tall at the receiver and a full 2 1/2" thick, this beauty is priced at $600.00 with a closely matching forend blank and S & I included.

I've seen a lot of Myrtle and I've cut a lot of Myrtle and this is the only log I've processed which has these stunning colors.

All prices are to all 50 states, so friends in Alaska and Hawai'i please take note. If you have any special needs in Myrtlewood, Franquette English Walnut, Royal Walnut, KOA or Maple, please let me know. Thanks for looking. Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks Your Myrtlewood Source

Search tags for this page

myrtle blanks trapshooter

whitecreekgunstockblanks