Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my problems this winter with a stent, aortic valve replacement and pacemaker implant. Was wondering if I was destined to shoot an 1100 20 for trap and skeet to minimize recoil as my doc recommended. He said I could work up to a light kicking 12 in a couple months.
Well, we have been selling raffle tickets on a Beretta A400 to raise some more money for our high school trap team my son and I coach. I bought $150 worth. A few minutes ago I got a call that I had won the gun. Hope it doesn't look fishy that the coach won the gun. I wasn't ever there.
Now for the FTIP check and three day wait.
If it works out well, I'll donate one of my other trap guns back for another raffle. (and I just got my 1975 TB back together again after replacing the ejector. Only original parts are the barrel, stock, and bolt).
The guys that have them brag that it is like shooting a 410 with 2 1/2" shells. I was never recoil sensitive but now I'm a little nervous with an electronic distributor in my chest.

· Vendor
8,154 Posts
good for you and happy shooting

Reactions: jmayaa

· Registered
12,995 Posts
Back when I was in the Air force and they would have raffles for a good cause ( usually a buck a pop) , some would cry foul if the first Sgt. or Commander won one but ,most didn't consider the the First shirt bought about 50 tickets and the commander bought around a hundred. I wouldn't worry about it. As you say donate something.

· Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Way back when one of my clubs held the annual end of year dinner/get together/trophies, I bought probably 100 tickets to raise money for the club by donated door prizes. I Won a gun, TVs, sculptures, etc... Lots of bad looks from others who bought 1,2,3 tickets. I donated the gun back to the club to raise more money that same night. Still got some bad looks. Your odds increase as you buy more tickets. No damn science to this. Enjoy it in good health! Good shooting, Rey

· Registered
4,773 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but in the town I grew up in one of the Synagogues would raffle off a new Caddy every year. They would have the long time mayor draw the winning ticket. The year the mayor retired his ticket was drawn. Raised a few eyebrows, but no one complained.

· Supporting Vendor
1,819 Posts
Didn't involve a gun, but at my 50th High School Reunion, I bought a boat-load of tickets for the 50/50 raffle and one of my tickets was drawn. That night I won a clock from a restaurant that didn't even exist in 1963, a limited edition print of my high school as it looked in 1938 when it opened, and the 50/50 raffle.

I graciously accepted the handful of cash and immediately donated it back to the Alumni Committee, then spirited off to Oregon with the rest of the spoils. Still have the pic and the clock and that 50th reunion is now eight years in my rear-view mirror.

Enjoy shooting your new gun, you earned it.

Mike Mann

· Registered
201 Posts
Had my problems this winter with a stent, aortic valve replacement and pacemaker implant. Was wondering if I was destined to shoot an 1100 20 for trap and skeet to minimize recoil as my doc recommended. He said I could work up to a light kicking 12 in a couple months.
Well, we have been selling raffle tickets on a Beretta A400 to raise some more money for our high school trap team my son and I coach. I bought $150 worth. A few minutes ago I got a call that I had won the gun. Hope it doesn't look fishy that the coach won the gun. I wasn't ever there.
Now for the FTIP check and three day wait.
If it works out well, I'll donate one of my other trap guns back for another raffle. (and I just got my 1975 TB back together again after replacing the ejector. Only original parts are the barrel, stock, and bolt).
The guys that have them brag that it is like shooting a 410 with 2 1/2" shells. I was never recoil sensitive but now I'm a little nervous with an electronic distributor in my chest.
Hang in there I had aortic valve replacement 41 years ago it will take time but it gets better. Remember from now on not to life heavy things I did and now I have a aneurysm on my aortia just behind my heart. I am a ticking time bomb but I am still going to enjoy my hobbies.

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Gene Sears shot with a pacemaker for years. I had heart surgery last year a bypass and valve replacement they did a cow valve, because they were concerned that a mechanical valve would be sensitive to the recoil.

Buster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.