Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a really nice used F3 Super Trap unsingle. The previous owner has the rib set at it's highest POI. I called Blaser USA requesting information on changing the POI on the unsingle as there is no information in the manual on the unsingle. I was told to use the tools supplied. Problem is there are no tools supplied that come close to what looks to be the adjustment screws, they look like very small allen screws. Before I start taking tools to a near perfect gun I thought I would try help from all'ya all. Anybody know how to adjust the rib on the unsingle?

thanks,
David

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
It is a small allen wrench. I don't remember if it's American or metric. One is for loosening the set screw, and the other will raise or lower the rib when turned.

Some one else will be along to confirm I'm sure.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The Blaser F3 comes with a tool about the size of a ball point pen. Handle on one end and wrench on the other. The wrench handle says 263/1.3-0.05 times 40. My suggestion is to call Blaser USA back, ask for Ken and explain your problem. I'm sure he'll send you one if you ask. You place the wrench in the top access hole on the muzzle end of the rib and loosen. That is the locking screw that prevents the rib from moving. You then move to the lower access hole to adjust the rib up or down using the same tool. Retighten the locking screw and you should be done. I'm pretty sure about the top and bottom access holes. Don't have my gun with me. Hope this helps, Joe

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe,

Sometimes the obvious escapes us, thanks for your help. I will call Blaser when they open this morning and get the tool. Now I feel like a tool !

David

·
Registered
55 Posts
I lost mine and called Ken to buy another - he said he would do better and sent me one for FREE. It came in 3 days! That's awesome customer service.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alberti,

I called Ken he said to find one locally which I am finding near impossible to do. I question the great customer service !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe,

Thanks for your offer. I ordered a set off Amazon will be here on Monday. You have been more then helpful, I will keep your info for further questions.

David

P.S. I am a little surprised nobody suggested "just learn to shoot it where it is"

;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts