Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly I got Ergosign over PFS because I think it looks nicer than PFS. I was doing totally fine with the factory stock. The grip on the ergosign feels very very nice though. I'd say this is the most comfortable grip I have ever held.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Honestly I got Ergosign over PFS because I think it looks nicer than PFS. I was doing totally fine with the factory stock. The grip on the ergosign feels very very nice though. I'd say this is the most comfortable grip I have ever held.
it's still pretty ugly, but I hope you shoot it good.

jack mc

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Better looking than PFS; looks nice to me (I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder).
Let us know how it works out for you.
Best to you,
David

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
I saw a stock this weekend that looked just like the Ergosign, but made in Italy. Can't recall the brand, but it was three letters.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It looks pretty cool next to the Gold Metals Vincent has.
I fully understand that those are skeet targets but fast pink ones……..

·
Registered
122 Posts
How much do the TSKs go for?
The base model is called the Blackline is $1850, and another $71.80 for U.S. Customs. You can see the models here: TSK: auto-adaptability

The U.S. importer is Top 6 Performance in St. Helens, Oregon. The POC is David R. Senter (who provided me the quote above) at email address [email protected]. The TSK is discussed in another thread in the Shooting Related Threads forum...search for "Gunfit Question - Need more offset, PFS, bend stock, etc...?" Rebecca from that forum provided me the email address to Mr Senter. Unfortunately, no grips were available for either of my guns--CG Summit Trap Combo and Browning 725 Combo.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The TSK looks pretty nice and looks to be heck of a better deal than an Ergosign, but still lacks the recoil absorbing function that the PFS provides. If PFS could do the wraparound style grip (currently impossible with their two-shaft setup), it'd be perfect...that and if they could do a grip that fit MX12s/MT6s.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Why can't you do a glove grip on a PFS? Numerous people have done it already via a custom grip or Bondo/Kneadatite. I'm considering doing one w/ kneadatite this winter.

MX12 grip will never happen, too limited of a market. Although I've always wondered how much work it would take to fit a MX8 grip to one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Why can't you do a glove grip on a PFS? Numerous people have done it already via a custom grip or Bondo/Kneadatite. I'm considering doing one w/ kneadatite this winter.

MX12 grip will never happen, too limited of a market. Although I've always wondered how much work it would take to fit a MX8 grip to one.
I would think the top shaft of the PFS would go through right where you would want your thumb. I too have wondered about modifying an MX8 grip for my MT6; maybe if I find one for cheap I will.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
The grip already covers where the top rod attaches to the front block, so unless you grind on the grip before you add the molding material, there is no way there'd be an issue. You're just going right over top of the existing grip.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The grip already covers where the top rod attaches to the front block, so unless you grind on the grip before you add the molding material, there is no way there'd be an issue. You're just going right over top of the existing grip.
I would be envisioning a wrap around grip with a cutout lower across the stock (as it appears most of them are) which would likely interfere with the top bar...it's the same reason it'd probably be impossible to do a thumbhole PFS. If you're just adding on material to make a wraparound PFS grip, I'd think you'd end up having a very high hold on the gun.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Glove grips on wood stocks can only go so low as well due to the stock bolt hole.

Your thumb really isn't any deeper into the stock on a glove grip, its an optical illusion caused by the "horn" that goes into the joint b/w your thumb and index finger and the styling.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Recoil doesn't vanish. If you reduce it one place it just goes someplace else. In the case of the Precision Fit, Shockmaster, and
SoftTouch, the recoil is transferred to the wrist and hand. I suspect the Ergosign and TSK stock allow you the best fitting stock
to absorb recoil with the body and the hands and arms. How many times have we heard that the best anti-recoil device is
simply a good fitting stock?

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Can't say I've ever noticed recoil being transferred into my wrist and hand w/ a PFS.

I would say that it would be virtually impossible unless you have an absolute deathgrip on the gun to the point where you're actually impeding the recoil device from doing it's job, otherwise your hand and wrist are simply going to move backward with the rest of the gun.

I think this is common misconception. When you shoot with a recoil reducer (PFS, G2, Rad, Bumpbuster, ect), the butt end doesn't move at all, it stays perfectly stationary, while the rest of the gun moves backward.

Recoil reducers don't seek to make recoil vanish. What they do is spread the recoil impulse over a longer period of time, so the recoil is felt as a push rather than a punch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts