Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they any good, Ive been doing allot of research and I find allot of negitives about the gun.

Also Zoli Trap combo all I find is good reviews about them. Trying to decide between these is painful.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I got one in May, I love it. All guns get negative reviews, because trapshooters are always on the search for their last gun. All guns won't fit all shooters. Also, I remember ready bad reviews of the older models, that have since been addressed.

The only thing I noticed on mine is, it leaves the factory at 85/15 for the unsgl with a figure 8, I patterned mine at 100%, but I assume it is just me and my mount.

I saw your previous post looking for a gun fitter in CNY, where in NY are you?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I had one and the only negative thing I had was that the comb would loosen up. Once I closed the gun and put it in a rack waiting for my squad.
When I picked it up and opened it I noticed it didn't have a comb. The comb was in the grass about five feet from the rack. I'm lucky
on one stepped on it.
I had several other shooters say they had the same problem. The company may have addressed the problem by now.
Bud

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought a Super Trap combo used, and it is really, really good. The US base office in Texas gives wonderful service and advise even though I bought the gun used. I have no regrets, and when it is time to sell it I am certain that I will have no trouble. Did I say it was really, really good?

Tony

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony if u dont mjnd me asking what did u pay for your used one??

Im toen because I can pick up F3 super trap combo for 8200 and get a used DT11 for 8200 and I know I can get the Zoli combo for that as well. All fit and feel good to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cfindlay, I would prefer to keep that to myself, I will say that was less than 8,200 for sure. Can you shoot all these guns? If you can that's what I would do. When I was looking for my Blaser, I answered an ad for an "almost new" F3. When I asked the seller why he was selling a "new" Blaser he told me that he just couldn't shoot the darn thing. He went to a K-80 and was pleased. Hope this helps. I'll tell you one thing about my gun ... there was a learning curve to be sure. I went from a field gun (Browning Maxxis) and it was if I had to learn all over again. Some men I shoot with have picked my F3 and shot well with it. They own and shoot CG, Kolar and an Alferman. The F3 is wonderful in my opinion, but heck I have one so what would you think I would say!!

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
I feel the Blaser F-3 Super Trap is a very nice shotgun. I had one and really enjoyed it, I did change out the comb hardware as was mentioned befor mine did loosen up a bit. It was easy to adjust for POI on both the unsingle and the O/U and was very realiable without any issues. For me I wish it came with a nicer case as the plastic case it came with was OK got tired of the Velcro straps in the BL. storage part of the case. I would love to have a Super Sport and when I get the money it will be a shotgun I will be considering.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I wanted to free up the money for other things. I do miss it. I am one who can't shoot without a release trigger.
When I bought the gun I made one trip to the club with the pull trigger and shot one round with the O/U and one with
the single. I was impressed with how good the pull trigger was.
Bud

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel the Blaser F-3 Super Trap is a very nice shotgun. I had one and really enjoyed it, I did change out the comb hardware as was mentioned befor mine did loosen up a bit. It was easy to adjust for POI on both the unsingle and the O/U and was very realiable without any issues. For me I wish it came with a nicer case as the plastic case it came with was OK got tired of the Velcro straps in the BL. storage part of the case. I would love to have a Super Sport and when I get the money it will be a shotgun I will be considering.
Thank you, i think Im picking one up later tonight

·
Registered
200 Posts
I purchased one of the first shipment which came to the USA, ser #50. I am approaching 100,000 rounds. I have experienced no problems other than my own doing. There is a learning curve. I done considerable research and felt for the money, I couldn't buy anything with the Blaser's workmanship. I shot a Beretta DT 10 prior and it was a great gun. To each his own, but it has been a great experience.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If the used DT-11 for $8200.00 is in excellent condition, I would choose it before the others. As soon as you shoot the others, they will be used guns too. I think the DT-11 is a little more bang for the buck at the same prices.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought the F3 that george MT had and I was a little scared of buying a gun before even shooting but I did anyways and within a box I was back to shooting my normal scores. I would never go back to shooting anything else and have enjoyed shooting it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought myn back in June and absolutely love it!. I bought a used unsingle but I'm gonna search for a set of O/Us this winter. It did take a little getting used to compared to my BT-99 but now it's great

·
Registered
144 Posts
Couple of things to add...All F3's have the capability of interchanging any F3 bbl w/o having it sent to a smith, so when you want to try a sporting bbl. one day and decide to shoot with a trap bbl. the next, not a problem.
I also recently heard that the receiver was constructed so as to never have a double fire problem.
I could go on for awhile about the machining quality from Blaser but I think the mechanics and technology are what stands out to me. A Precision instrument.

·
Registered
125 Posts
shot a F3 competition sporting for 2 year and I shoot a DT11 now.

I didn't like how the F3's forend attached to the barrel because I use the latch as a point to reference when I hold the gun. Just personal preference.
I did notice that F3 kicked harder than other guns probably because it is lighter? The ejector did not work 100% of the time but I was too lazy to send it back to blaser because it would take too long. Blaser does offer excellent customer service though.

I liked hunting with my F3 more than shooting trap with it. It worked better in the field for some reason. Shot countless pheasants, rabbits, and even 2 turkeys with my F3 XD

I like the DT11 for clay shooting more but not THAT much more.

Might buy another F3 if I come across a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
I have a F-3 Super Trap Combo ... One of the reasons for me buying it was because my friend Derrick Mein a World Class Champion was sponsored by Blaser and his wife Dianna as well. They both are true champions. So that was good enough for me. First day out I broke a 49 out of 50 and have accomplished a number of 100 straights. I have also shot Rotomans F3 and I belive that I could go 200 Straight with his Blasser. His gun fits me better than mine and his furniture is a Grade 6.5 Expedition wood. I have considered selling mine and buying his since he went to a Silver Seitz a 12,000.00 gun in my opinion with a Wenig Stock and a release trigger. Both of us have been very impressed with the outstanding service that we have encountered. The Service Department is second to none. They have a 10 year warranty. Keep in mind that they are fully adjustable to fine tune along with adjustable weights supplied. My Gun Case is as good as it gets a 500.00 value. I also need to point out that it is the best looking well designed picture perfect streamline shotgun of them all. Photos attached. When I go to the Trap Range it always draws a crowd wanting to know if I can shoot as good as it looks. I have even broke targets from the hip and my scores are all good in all games ... plus I have yet to miss a bird when I go hunting. Buy a Blaser and you will not be disappointed !!! For any additional info please feel free to PM me. All the Best, Storeman Norman .....
Norm's Blaser Croped.jpg DSC05963.JPG KCTA Meat 1.jpg KCTA Meat 2A.jpg 1445.JPG 1446.JPG Cedar Hill Zone Champ.jpg View attachment 781441

1 - 20 of 37 Posts