Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shoot factory 3 dram 1 1/8 Rios tonight and I noticed it was hard to open the gun. So I looked at the primer and seen it was pierced. I started shooting my reloads with win primers and didn't have an issue. Anyone else have this problem with Rios?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked my firing pin and it looked to be in good shape I guess I'll just stay away from Rios for now

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I shot a box of Rios this week; only because they were free. Noticed one pierced primer and showed it to some buddies who all got the deer -in-the-headlights look. Walked out on the field between squads, which was littered with Rio and Federal 4-pack empties; about 4 to 1. Quickly picked up 6 Rios with pierced primers from 3 piles obviously left by different guns. I didn't get the sense that anybody was giving up on their Rios. If somebody wanted to give me 1$ for every pierced Cheddite I could pick up, I'd give them $20 for each pierced primer they could pick up in a once-fired AA, STS or Gold Medal hull.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Just when you thought it was better to buy these cheap economy loads, rather than keep reloading with premium components!!! Now we get to worry about our guns firing pins even with factory loads now!!! WOW!!! Maybe I'll stick with reloading!!! No getting away from the primer problem right now. break em all. Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts