Trapshooters Forum banner

@@@ Blaser F/3 Eye Candy @@@

2956 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Dennis DeVault
This one is a Blaser F-3 Super Sporting and it will be in Florida tomorrow. This is Burl Myrtle from Mike Mann as he says another piece from the fire barrel. Very stunning both sides of the stock have little faces in the Burl that are great. And no I am not smoking anything I see little faces in the wood and that is why Burl is my favorite type of wood. My compliments to the crew and my wife for another fine job. As always enjoy and thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

Gun Air gun Shooting sport Trigger

Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun

Trigger Shotgun Air gun

Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Air gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
9,042 Posts
Dennis,

How do you get the dovetail on the grip of the stock? Do you use a milling machine, or a jig of some sort?

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock is set up in a fixture that I built years ago and then put in the milling machine. Brian our cad guy set up a sheet for the wood guys to follow and the pieces after cutting fit perfect. The fit is perfect enough that it requires a tap in to make them fit. No chance of ever coming out once installed. Thank you for the question. Also no recoil pad installed as the owner wanted an Isis system installed that he is doing today when the gun arrives.

Dennis DeVault

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TeeJ,

We have done a gun like you are suggesting before. The problem is the ebony is very hard and it is at times brittle and does not take impact very well. If you install the ebony in the back you will more than likely have a failure if this is installed. Maybe we will do that look in the future and post it later. Thank you for the input.

Dennis DeVault

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.