Trapshooters Forum banner

Blackpowder ML Beretta O/U Shotgun.

561 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  RRisumshake a lrg
I have read a bit about these, and i know they were not the best made shotguns, but about what would the value be right now including covid tax. No case or accessories.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,110 Posts
There were varying quality levels.
The Beretta ones are superior.
They all have the issue of long firing channel in the breech, which is easily blocked by fouling.
I think the price estimate is low for a Beretta example.
Not far off for the unbranded, poorly finished ones.
I bought several of the cheaper ones from Cape Outfitters, and get inquiries if I still have them. Maybe a kind of cult following among Black powder shooters.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
They where a special 1680 - 1980 promo - That didn't go over real well- Bought three in 1985 - when they dumped to a secondary distributer -$165 each--bottom barrel was a night mare -- Needed a hot primmer --To long of a space between nipple and the bottom barrel- just seen one sold 1-10-2021- $658 gun Broker

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They where a special 1680 - 1980 promo - That didn't go over real well- Bought three in 1985 - when they dumped to a secondary distributer -$165 each--bottom barrel was a night mare -- Needed a hot primmer --To long of a space between nipple and the bottom barrel- just seen one sold 1-10-2021- $658 gun Broker
There is one on there now for $870, no thanks. Hopefully one pops up for cheaper with accessories. Even if they dont shoot well, its still one of those conversation pieces.

The YouTube channel TGS Outdoors just did a review of one a few weeks ago.
Watching it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.