Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black Friday at Dick

Well, another gottcha by Dick's. All ammo on sale (buy one, 50% off second). Maximum of 6 boxes. BIG DEAL!! Not only is this no big deal BUT sale ended at 2 PM. They've had better sales in the past and it is insulting to make a big deal over this on Black Friday!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yep, they got me too. I saw the flyer on line and could not make out the fine print. I drove in to town this evening to buy one of the $349 (after rebate) Remington 700 Varmint rifles, only to find out the "Door buster sale" ended at 2 PM. They still had a bunch of them on the rack, but no sale at $509.

They did not have the $179 Ruger 10/22 or the $899 Bushmaster Carbon 15 .223/.22 rim-fire combos. They were supposed to be available in the 2 day sale Friday and Saturday.

Michael

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
They crowd the envelope with their bait and switch tactics. I still have a rian check they can't seem to honor and it's a year old.

HM

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
"They did not have the $179 Ruger 10/22 or the $899 Bushmaster Carbon 15 .223/.22 rim-fire combos."

If you were actually looking for a Carbon 15, they did you a favor. If you want an AR, stick with aluminum, any aluminum.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only wish someone can dabble through the legality of all this and get them for false advertising or something!!

·
Just getting by.....
1,253 Posts
My ad had the special hours on the front page. The ad did state limit 6 total boxes per customer.

I was able to get the Troy carbine pre-ordered on Tuesday for the black Friday price of $799

Tim

·
Registered
245 Posts
I went to Dick's to buy target ammo Friday night at midnight. When I arrived at the check-out counter with 30 boxes, I was informed that the limit was 6/customer/transaction, so it would take a little longer to make 5 separate sales. They were very nice and helpful, and accepted my Dick's coupon and a $20 Winchester coupon for the ammo. The total cost was $121.93 with coupons, which worked out to $4.06/box. It was well worth staying up until 12 midnight to make the purchase.
Jack

·
Registered
934 Posts
Bob,

I wasn't actually going to buy a Carbon 15, I was just going to kick the tires a bit. :)

There are so many Companies making AR15's these days, it gets kind of confusing. I would be perfectly happy with an civilian version of the M116A1 I carried in the Marines except I cant see the iron sights anymore. I am leaning towards the $600 DPMS Oracle that Walmart sells. It is a flat top and I am going to use a scope, so why pay for the iron sights?

I would have bought one of the Rugers if they had one though.

Michael

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
In the past couple weeks Dick's has had Winchester Super Targets at $5.48,
Federal Top Gun at $5.18 and Remington Gun Clubs at $ 5.48. That's not including the Black Friday sale - and they have stores all over.

Yeh, let's sue them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Dick's here in Columbus, Ga has the Top Guns on sale at $5.18 per box about every other week. If you buy a whole flat they will give you an additional 10% case discount. Works out to $4.46 per box before taxes. I pick up two flats every time.

·
Registered
488 Posts
They had the 2 3/4 dram Top Guns and Gun Clubs today for 5.99 per box. Limit two flats, buy one/50% off the other one. 3 dram loads where 6.99 per box, same deal with buy one/50% off the second one. Last week the 1145fps Gun Clubs and Top Guns where $5.48 per box, limit two flats and you could use the $10.00 coupon if the sale was over $100.
The thing about Dicks is that you just have to make the trip by there once a week or so to keep up on the discounts and specials. Seldom have any specials on AA's or STS's though at our local store.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just when you're about to go ballistic about their sales (6 box limit with 50 pct off 2nd box), Saturday brought a good sale on Gun Clubs at $5.48 with no limits!! AND they had 'em in stock!!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Dicks......what a joke.

Their ammo deals are NO deal. Either has a limit or they're out of stock.

Bait & switch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.