Trapshooters Forum banner

Black Common Sense

2263 11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,963 Posts
I met briefly with Roy Innis at a NRA meeting several years back. He was on the NRA Board of Directors and was also the leader of the Congress of Racial Equality. He had lost two sons to criminals and was a STRONG supporter of firearms for all races. He died three or four years ago. Even back then, from what we talked briefly about, I got the impression that he felt many of the problems being experienced by black people were either caused or strengthened by a breakdown in black family values. Overall I was quite impressed with his understanding and efforts to improve race relations. Many back then tried to paint him as a black agitator but that was not even close to the man I saw. It is interesting that his son is one of the speakers shown in the video.

· Registered
1 Posts
The part about the NRA's founding is blatantly false. From the NRA's site:
Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis," according to a magazine editorial written by Church.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Racism was nearly a thing of the past until the riots started. Now there are millions of people who are racist who never used to be - me included.
Racism was faaar back-burner until Obama came on the national scene. He used race as a cudgel to beat the American people into submission. Every chance he got, especially if the police were on the scene.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.