Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my setters at work picking up a single bob. The white dog is a 4 year old female and the two tri-colors are first year pups. Very enjoyable and hard workers.

Bruce Bowen
Sturgis South Dakota

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's another one. The shooter is my old friend Dave Carson. He is going to be 81 next birthday and shames us with his shooting and stamina. Using a 28 ga but normally a model 42 is his choice.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Thanks for the great pics guys!! Good for your friend Bruce, does this guy good to see that man still enjoying the outdoors and bird hunting!!

HAP

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
This vid is a few years old, but it shows enough pheasants to give a dog quite a workout.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XEHj8srXkWg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You shouldn't show videos like this. I might encourage some uncivilized people to move to our wonderful state!! LOL

Bruce Bowen
Sturgis South Dakota

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Rick, thanks for sharing that video with all of us!! Think I saw more pheasants in the air than all my days of pheasant hunting combined!!

Bruce, scoot over!!

HAP

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As the Robertsons say: "Now that's what I'm talking about!!" I have seen that 100s of times and still get goose bumps. Beautiful dogs curtucci!

Bruce Bowen
Sturgis South Dakota

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As the Robertsons say: "Now that's what I'm talking about!!" I have seen that 100s of times and still get goose bumps. Beautiful dogs curtucci!

Bruce Bowen
Sturgis South Dakota

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is "Zoom" Mothers Day 2013. Seven months old then. Not as mant pheasants here in Pa now but we managed to bag several and chase a bunch. Smarts and stamina are un-godly. First GSP and love the little thief to death!!!
Al

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is "Zoom" Mothers Day 2013. Seven months old then. Not as mant pheasants here in Pa now but we managed to bag several and chase a bunch. Smarts and stamina are un-godly. First GSP and love the little thief to death!!!
Al

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Bruce, Your "baldy" pup could be a twin to my 7 month old.

If you haven't figured it out, I'm partial to setters!

BTW, we cancelled our annual December trip SD this year as all our farmers told us the birds were way, way down.

Always next year.
setterman_2008_030344.jpg

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Bruce, Your "baldy" pup could be a twin to my 7 month old.

If you haven't figured it out, I'm partial to setters!

BTW, we cancelled our annual December trip SD this year as all our farmers told us the birds were way, way down.

Always next year.
setterman_2008_030344.jpg

1 - 20 of 159 Posts