Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a pair of Binoculars. Are binoculars made these days compatible with a person who wears glasses? Thanks

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
They have been for a long time. If they have soft rubber eye cups you fold them down, so you can place your glasses very close to the lens.

I prefer the harder rubber ones that pop or screw up and down.

You can also leave the cups up and focus the binoculars to your vision with out glasses. I am not sure of the range of the focus, I am near sighted, needing corrective to pass the eye test at the Dept. of Motor Vehicle and I can focus my binoculars with and without glasses.

Jason

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Get somewhere and look through Vortex binoculars. They have a couple of lines depending on your budget. I think there glass is some of the best for the money. My Viper riflescope has better glass than my Leupolds.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I'll second what kenf said. I have the Vortex Viper model in 10x42 and they are dandy glasses for 600 bucks. They have an unconditional, no questions asked lifetime warranty too. Check them out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try Zen-Ray ED3's. Google their site. Very good binocular. Very clear. I have 7 x 42. Perfect for hunting and other things as well. Around $400.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have to take my glasses off to use mine. I bought some leupold mojaves in 10x and really like them. Everyone that looks thru them say wow those are nice.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had a pair of Minox binoculars HG 8 x 33 the glass was very nice ,they had the Schott glass .I needed more power I went with the Leica Geovids 10 x 42 HD's great bino's but the Gemrman Minox's weren't to far behind . I spend a lot of time behind bino's glassing for varmints buy the best you can .

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Please give Alpen optics a try. Lots of us Hunter Ed instructors in CA use them as they gave us a great discount. After several years of use I have to tell you, they are the equal to any Euro optics we've seen and they cost lest than Leupold while exceeding their standards. If you know Leupold then you know those standards are really something else. Alpen has a web site and they will take your order over the phone. I love mine and I also own one of their scopes. Again, it far exceeds most other scopes at a fraction of the cost. Also, I wear trifocals

R J Talley

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Almost all of the quality bino's are eyeglass compatible. Depending on how much extended time you are going to spend glassing, the difference between so so and high quality glass is eye fatigue and headache. I now have Zeiss 10x40B's for rifle hunting and Leica 8x42's for bowhunting. With all of the lesser quality bino's that I have bought through the years, I could have bought the Zeiss and Leica's and been money ahead. Bill

·
Registered
40 Posts
Choosing binoculars is sort of like choosing a trap shotgun. The factors that make a good gun investment are the same as a good binocular. However you view the justification and process of acquisition of a gun just apply to your binocular quest. It is different for everyone. But as we all know, you get what you pay for and it is always best to handle and try out what you are buying before you buy it. As the post above said, you can go through a lot of purchases before you get to the high quality item that you are really satisfied with. Others opinions about past experience can guide you to what to try or not, but all guns can break targets and all binoculars can magnify an image. Jim Lemmons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts