Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sad to hear that. Never met Mr. Hunter but from what I read he was a great supporter of our sport.

I won my Hunter donated ATA Life Membership at the 1998 Atlantic Provinces Trapshooting Championships. I wrote him a thank you letter and he wrote back and also sent a couple of Hunter Woodworks hats.

RIP.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
There is a thread on this hidden on the 'off topic' part of the forum but I'm glad to see this make the shooting related side that seems to be more popular. I'm not sure that most 'new' shooters realize how much of a benefactor Bill was to the ATA and organized trapshooting in the 1990's and 2000s. RIP Bill and condolences to the Ruthie and the family.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My Condolences to the Hunter family .My Son Eric won his life membership at the Last Grand At Vandalia.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,300 Posts
Knew Mr. Hunter for many years. Although we crossed paths maybe once or twice in a year, he always greeted me by name with a big smile and a hearty handshake. I agree that we are diminished. Condolences to Bill's family and all his friends in southern California from the Oregon shooters who knew him and those who benefited from Bill's generosity and support of our sport. One of my most treasured trophies is the draw-string pouch with 100 "silver" dollars donated by Bill that I won at a Redlands doubles marathon sometime in the 1990s.

Rest in Peace my friend........

Mike Mann

1 - 14 of 14 Posts