Trapshooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I am having the stock refinished. When I get the gun back I would be happy to post some pics.
That would be great. Can you list the serial number too. Can you also show before picture too with the refinished stock? Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Do coles eject? Mine extracts.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Been shooting this Bill Cole since things are opening back up. Its a smoker, Smooth swinger too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Here is a copy of the Trap & Field 1994 article on the Bill Cole SBT. This was sent to me from jrdlanes. I wanted to share for all to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Here is a copy of the Shotgun Sports Oct. 2009 article on the Bill Cole SBT. This was sent to me by justbrakeit. I wanted to share for all to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I am having the stock refinished. When I get the gun back I would be happy to post some pics.
Did you get stock back? Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
A friend of mine had one of the first Cole Guns made. It was made for Moe Bragg of Shooters Emporium in Portland, OR. I believe it was stamped PRO 000 for Prototype 000, It had a fixed full barrel for handicap and a fixed barrel with .010 for singles. This was the Tiger Tank version of the Cole Gun. It weighed close to 12 pounds and Moe couldn't handle the weight. Later the drilled the receivers to lighten the weight of the gun. I don't know what rib number the barrels were fitted with.

When my friend passed I wish I could have afforded to purchase his gun but the funds weren't there at the time. That is my loss,

PD

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
A friend of mine had one of the first Cole Guns made. It was made for Moe Bragg of Shooters Emporium in Portland, OR. I believe it was stamped PRO 000 for Prototype 000, It had a fixed full barrel for handicap and a fixed barrel with .010 for singles. This was the Tiger Tank version of the Cole Gun. It weighed close to 12 pounds and Moe couldn't handle the weight. Later the drilled the receivers to lighten the weight of the gun. I don't know what rib number the barrels were fitted with.

When my friend passed I wish I could have afforded to purchase his gun but the funds weren't there at the time. That is my loss,

PD
If you scroll back throught this thread , one post has picks of a prototype and a couple early numbered models that are truly beautiful. The poster says they fathers shop made the prototypes for Mr. Cole.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you get stock back? Can you post some pictures?
Should have the gun back soon. Covid slowed up the works. However i will find a different source for stock work next time. Will be happy to post pics. Have enjoyed the information on this thread.

·
Registered
981 Posts
That Silver Dollar Special (s/n #25) belonged to be for a short time. I had the DeVault wood made for it.
That gun would smoke a clay target better than most, wish I had her back in the stable... Oh well.

Good to see those photos again.

Matt Nicol

·
Registered
48 Posts
That would be great. Can you list the serial number too. Can you also show before picture too with the refinished stock? Thanks.
Got the stock back. Turned out ok. Sorry no before pics. Not much of a photographer though.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
In the one pic, the stock looks more red than the fore stock, both pieces look the same in person.
Awesome. Thanks for the pics!! S/N 4 with a fixed rib. An early one. I wonder when they went to the bolt on rib?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The early one also came with the adjustable comb. Does anyone else have the factory adjustable comb. I think mine is missing an adjusting knob?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
The engraved grade 2 Bill Cole gun owned by forum member Bo Snider has the adjustable comb.
I keep hearing about this grade 2 but have never seen it. Mine also has an adjustable comb but im not sure if its stock. Mine has a clyde slide design recoil system.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts